Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mec trouble

4K views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  slowdp 
#1 ·
My Mec 9000h will not go all the way to the top of stroke. I have removed all the shells and completely degreased, cleaned and reoiled the machine. It still stops about 1/4" from the top. It's not the shells as it won't go to the top even with the shells removed. any ideas?

#2 ·
matrap, If it were my loader I would wait until Monday and Call Mec. They have the best customer service in the business. After you get your problem straitened out have them send you a manual for your loader. In the manual you can find many problems and the fixes you may have, complete w/ pix's so that you can see what to fix. They make these manual for each and every loader they have made. They are $5.00 plus shipping, or you can down load them yourself if you like. Good Luck and Break-em all. Jeff

#5 ·
I am surprized tbat the stamped metal loader crowd has not come to assist you, after all, they love telling everyone these loaders are better than PWs.

#9 ·
Mine was doing the exact same thing last week. I called MEC and he said it might be a worn link assy. Depending on how old the loader is and how many rounds loaded, he said all those black brackets in the back get out of round where they are all connected. Mine wouldn't go up that last 1/8th inch without help. I took the chain link off my resizer collet, flipped the block out, dropped the collar and used a pick between each finger, relubed with anti-seize on a small paint brush and now it's working normal again.

#10 ·
I too have 9000 H. I had the same problem. I called mec and they said the folloing. No 1 was to grease and clean the collet, no 2, my machine was out of time also so they told me to turn the nut counter closkwise on the back of the machine right below the schock this on the back of the machine. Gordy who does the ram work asked when I last added oil the the pump and I said that Id never had to. Checked the pump and found it was low on oil. Added motor 10/30 oil. Anyway I did everything they told me to do and it didnt help. I then called them back and a fellow told me that the center shaft sounded like it was dry. I lubed that and it didnt help so he told me to send the ram in as it may be going bad. I sent them the ram and Gordy check out the ram and he said it was fine. He then told me to turn the nut that is on the shaft on the front of the machine. There are two nuts on this shaft the adjustment is the top nut and turn it clockwise this is the one with the spring around it. I did that and it works beautifully now. I believe that was the problem all along. I know this sounds complicated and if so give me a call and I believe that I can walk you through it. Hope this helps. If you wish you could give me a call alex Kotter 715-394-7289

#13 ·
With no broken parts and being clean and greased, out of time is probaly the best area to look at. Hounddog41 above is probably on the right track as I have had simular problems. It is not always grease the collet. Good luck.

They are better than a PW and faster. I have a new style PW in the box and has sat there after about 300 rounds of problems -- went back to mec.

#16 ·
Gotta tell you, I spent 9 hrs last weekend reloading. Nearly filled 10 flats (almost 2500 rounds).

# of times indexer didn't sequence properly: zero
# of times charge bar didn't fully move to the right: once
# of times I had to stop because something got out of sequence: zero
# of times I lubed the collet in the past 2 yrs: zero
# of times I screwed up (hey, I'm old): several

Oh yeah, I use a 10 yr old MEC9000G.

I can't go terribly fast as have to place the primer by hand. The chain broke some time back, and I haven't been able to find a replacement beaded chain strong enough.

In my book you CANNOT beat a MEC on bang for the buck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.