1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MEC Support

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Joe Potosky, May 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Broke a weld on my 9000G 12 gauge. Owed the reloader for what seems like forever. Came with the old primer feed.

joepotosky_2008_030310.jpg

Contacted MEC and they said they would send me a replacement part at no cost (Welds are a warranty item) or I could mail it in and they would make the repairs.

I didn't want to completely tare down and then rebuild on my own, so I sent it in for repairs.

Been doing business with them for years and they never cease to amaze in regard to support!

2. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Cool! I'm picking up a MEC next week after selling off my PW.

3. JJJ

JJJ TS Member

Customer service from MEC can be summed up in one word EXCELLENT 111

4. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Joe. I screwed mine up and attempted to fix it myself. I took pictures of the unit so that I could have a reference when I began to put it back together. But not enough pics or of the things that I thought I'd remember, but did not. The indexing system had some tricks and you need an extra set of hands to get the turret on properly. Mine is a 9000E and the linkage is a bit more complicated than a handle model. I was frustrated several times and had to walk away, but each time the fix became a bit more clear and finally it was up an running better (or as well as) new. Gordy Zimmerman is the one that helped me thru the process.

Mine is currently set up to produce 1 ounce AAs. Adn is producing a much-like factory shell. I bought the AAs off the forum from a local shooing bud of mine (Primed). I paid him .03 and met him at the club. A lot of negative press re the AAs but they are verking fine Ollie.

And for those of y9ou that might contemplate fixing your own machine the bonus you get is that you end up understanding your machine more than you would other wise. And you learn the parts nomenclature. I'm not an expert now, but certainly more conversant and know the fixes that we hear about. BTW, I bent the "shell carrier". Required a complete dis-assembly other than the collet.

And FWIW, I used "Lemon Pledge" on the primer tray floor and now I have zero primer drop issues. At least thru the first flat. And primer drop is what caused my shell carrier issue to begin with. My unit continued to work with a bent carrier (by about 1/16th") but the indexing linkage would SNAP/POP loudly. That all went away with the new carrier.

5. JJJ

JJJ TS Member

Ditto on the lemon pledge.
    Joe

6. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

I use car wax on the primer tray with similar results. MEC has always been a great company to deal with, this country needs to go back to the old style of business,ie: make a good product here in America, stand behind the product and treat the customers well. Not many companies do that these days.

7. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

I too believe Mec should be copied by many other companies out there. To bad Carter took away profit sharing from employee's and their employers, this brought about 401's. That lead to know one caring about their own company like in the old days. It works much better the way Mec does it. Break-em all. Jeff

8. Concrete200

Concrete200 Member

Don't know if any of you guys have tried the new primer tray/drop....only took me about 30 minutes to install...best $75 i have ever spent...my machine is much quieter and smoother with the new tray and I have yet to have a miscue on over 3000 loads in the past 6 weeks...my old tray would miss about 1 per 25 (either not drop or drop too early and bounce out of hole or turn upside down)...

Anyway, if it ain't broke it probably doesn't need fixxin, but if you are having occasional problems like I did then look into it...plus it holds 200 primers instead of 100...Dennis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.