1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mec Super 600 vs Mec 650..

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by StansCustoms, Jun 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StansCustoms

StansCustoms Well-Known Member

I saw a Mec Super 600 on the internet the other day...which looked like my Mec 650's.

The pics wern't great...but looked the same to me. Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the two models?

Thanks..Stan

2. StansCustoms

I saw a Mec Super 600 on the internet the other day...which looked like my Mec 650's.

The pics wern't great...but looked the same to me. Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the two models?

Thanks..Stan

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

The Super 600 was the predecessor to the 650. I'm not sure on how they compare such as similarities or differences. Just like the MEC 400 Super Speeder shown below was the predecessor to the Single Stage 600 jr.

grntitan_2009_2503287.jpg

4. StansCustoms

The Super 600 looks like it is a progressive loader like the 650 and on up.

I never heard of, or saw a Mec Super 600 before...was it a limited production?

Anyone..? I'm considering buying it for my son.

Thanks...Stan

5. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Stan:

Following are a couple of options if you don't get the answers you're hoping for here...

1. You can download a free owners manual for a Super 600 (and other MEC products) from the MEC website.

2. MEC's tech guys are extremely helpful. If you give them a call, you can ask anything you need to know (including availability of replacement parts) before you make a decision.

sissy

6. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

Main difference I remember is that the Super 600 charge bar does not lock out automatically when station two has no hull in it. You must lock the bar.

7. hfrogdogc

hfrogdogc Member

I have a Super 600 got it in 1964. ExFedex is correct

8. StansCustoms

No lock out ...ahhh, I new it wasn't much different.

Good idea on the Mec tech guys too...

Thanks everyone..

Stan...

9. Chuck DeVoid

Chuck DeVoid Member

Stan, I have a Mec Super 600, and ExFedEx is correct. The charge bar does not automatically lock by itself with no shell in the powder charge station. Instead there is a lever to manually lock it on the charge bar. However, there is also less linkage, and IMHO, a reliable system.

Another difference is the die parts are metal as opposed to nylon.

I have both a 650 and Super 600, they both work equally well, and if the price is right, I wouldn't hesitate to buy the Super 600.

Good luck,
    Bill

10. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

I think my son-in-law still uses my Super 600. Bought it at a gunshow years ago in Anchorage thinking it was a 650. Wanting to update it I called MEC customer service and their response was ;"why would you want to waste your time and money doing that?" As usual they were 100% correct. Its a fine machine as it is. Good luck with it.

11. StansCustoms

Thanks everyone for the help.....

I chose Mec 650's at the advise of a long time professional...simple and fast, hard to beat that combination.

The Super 600 looks so similar to the Mec 650 it hurts..so I guess I'll try to get this Super 600 too...

Best regards..Stan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
cons on the mec 650
durablity of mec 650

mec 600 super

mec 600 vs mec 650

mec 650

mec super 600

mec super 600 opinions

mec super600