1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MEC SIZER PROBLEM

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dewley, Apr 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dewley

dewley TS Supporters TS Supporters

dewley_2008_03034.jpg

Can anyone help on this problem? After hours an Mec cannot be contacted,, need to load later tonight.,, The main nut on bottom of rod with all the springs, how is this ideally adjusted to properly size the hull,, seems to be kinda draggy ballooning hull before it gets to primer putter inner.

2. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

I think you're running the bait to deep. LOL

Ajax

3. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I don't think there's any bait at all, he's just trying to snag one. Lol.

ss

4. birddog1964

birddog1964 TS Member

looks good from my house.

5. Model12Lady

Model12Lady Member

You are either trolling or....well never mind. Dump the damn used primer tray!!!

6. PODO

PODO TS Member

And They Walk Amoung Us ****** TOM

7. seymore/82

seymore/82 Active Member

WOW!!! What a mess, First off clean up that mess you have created around your loader, a clean loader is a happy loader. As you are lowering you shell into the coulett just keep your fingers on it till it bottoms out and you will not have the problem you are having. The shell is not sliding down as far as it needs to too be Resized. I hope this does what you want, it should. Is this loader Manual are Hydraulic. Either way this will keep you from Ballooning the shell out before it moves on.

8. jerryw

jerryw TS Member

This has got to be a joke. LOL

Jerry Walker

9. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

Keep reloading you are doing just fine.

10. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Dew Bug I had a real good post a going the the dam light's went out ok the electric was off over an hour of course I lost all my top notched info I had to tell you so im sort of physically drianed at the moment so I will recap what I wrote short and sweet first all get rid of the AA's they are pouchers from the get go unless you load a sissy load of 1oz and under!

Ok forgot what all else I said but maybe you need to get some custom made hooks incase if you go out in the ocean because I heard they will bend a reguklar hook from the states.

11. 1903

1903 Member

12. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

By the way, how is the weather in Oklahoma? Lit is going to be so unhappy.LOL

Ajax

13. Gun Dog

Gun Dog TS Member

My Bench looked like that one time. It was a Nightmare!! I awoke shaking in a cold sweat and slapped myself.

14. jrbuete

jrbuete TS Member

Wow, how do you keep your area so clean?

What is the daily limit for suckerfish anyhow???

15. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly, the nut only adjusts the height of the hull follower located in the sizer collet. As long as the top of the follower returns to being flush with the collet fingers and allows the hull to advance, it's adjusted correctly.

Also, once you get used to emptying the spent primer catcher (or drill a hole in the bench), practice lifting the hull follower up out of the collet so you can get good at clearing stray shot out of the collet fingers. All it takes is one stray 7.5 or 8 to turn a 9000 into a nightmare. Most times the shot is between the follower and the collet. And remember to make sure the follower is back in the lifting fork (the thing you adjust up or down with the adjusting nuts). Good luck.

16. dolphin62

dolphin62 Member

please.... don't give me any of your reloads.

17. Franktri

Franktri Member

Holy cow!! With that mess, it's amazing you can load anything. This must be a joke. I couldn't create this mess if I wanted to...

18. Shady Creek

Shady Creek TS Member

HA!!!!!! Thanks for posting that pic. What a good laugh.....GOOD LUCK

19. dhip

dhip Active Member

WOW,glad I have a 9000,if ya spill that much shot and powder are you really saving any by reloading.

20. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Looks to me like the PRIMER TRAY is TOO FULL, not letting the shell fully seat in the resizer collett for one thing.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.