1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mec,s Reloader,s Which One

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Shilo, Jan 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shilo

Shilo TS Member

ok i have read a lot on these mec,s i need a new one got a 9000G now want to get a 9000E or a 9000HN they both look good but what i want to know is. what is the best of the two.and why , and i like to hear a few things good and the bad if any ,thanks

2. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Shilo,

I sell them and use them. I personally like the Hydraulic, but the Electric outsells it 4 to 1. The reason I like the Hydraulic.....is that it leaves my hands free. By pressing the pedal with my foot it allows me to use both hands to get the next empty and wad. My customers who buy the Electric over the Hydraulic........they tell me it is quieter (it is), weighs less (it does), and more compact (it is). Some say that the Electronic is less maintanance, but I have never had many issues with my Hydrulic other than adding oil. It is a tad on the noisy side though! If you have any questions, please contact me.

Matt Woodson

ph: 270.804.5454

3. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

After about 4 years of using my 9000G, I added the electric automate...what a great improvement. I love it.

JON

4. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Shilo,

I forgot to mention in previous post.......If you already have a 9000G, you can buy the Auto-Mate and make it Electronic. That would save you some cash!

Matt Woodson

5. Ultra Man

Ultra Man Member

Was ready to jump the Mec ship till I got a 9000E, awsome! Now I have 2.

6. AlChick

AlChick TS Member

I'm considering the E myself. I saw a video of someone using one. After he released the buttons there was plenty of time to pick up a wad and a hull as the press cycled to the up position. I think the "hands free" argument is a canard. I'd be afraid that if I were moving any faster I'd miss checking the primer drop or something else that would screw up the next cycle.

Al Chickerneo

7. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Al Chickerneo,

Yes, there is time with the 9000E to get hulls and wads. It is no problem. Like I mentioned above, people love their Electronic models. It is my #3 top selling loader despite the higher price tag.

Matt Woodson

8. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

I have used a HydroMec for 25 yrs. I agree with Mr Woodson. I like the hands free,also. Plus,I can pay more attention to what the press is doing to the shells. Noise is a problem,oil is a pain in the butt but the ol' Hustler 76 just keeps on loadin''em. And right next to it is my Dillon 650. To think,I started with a Lee 12 ga hand tool & a Lyman 310 in 38 special 47 yrs ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.