1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MEC Reloaders

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JD Jake, Oct 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JD Jake

JD Jake Member

The MEC Grabber is more than two times the cost of MEC 600 Jr. Is the Grabber worth it, or should I get the 600 Jr.?

Thanks,

JD

2. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

If you load more than 1-2 boxes a week,get the grabber. My son & I have 8 MEC loaders between us. I have use MECs for 40 years,have the $$$ to buy whatever loader I want & would buy no other for shotshell. Get the Grabber or 650. I do not care for the 9000. If you have a base problem,then you will need a Super Sizer for a 650 or 600. And Dillon for metallic stuff.

3. Conn. Man

Conn. Man Member

JD,
    You will out grow the Jr in no time.Your better off getting the 9000g.Iv had my Mecs for 35 years and have no complaints with the Mec product!!!!.
    Sandy Holehouse.

4. rick979

rick979 Active Member

The price is higher because the reloader is better.....much better. Buy the grabber.

5. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I have worked with all of them in 35 years. I learned off of the 600 and now I'm working on the 9000G. There is nothing wrong with the 9000G its a great loader. If you want a loader thats the one you want. One pull of the handle you have a shell. The other loaders are just learning machines for the 9000G.

6. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Ill through this in........MEC650 easy to use less to go wrong. good for 250 shells/hour. find a older MEC shell conditioner to resize your hulls

7. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Hell JD, you can buy a good used 600 super or sound 650 for $100 or so?! Why would you consider a single stage unless you plan to load very little!? Tom Rhoads

8. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

I have a practically new 600 jr with auto prime and extra bar. asking $100 bucks plus shipping. List from mec is around $260. You can load pretty fast with these loaders after you get a little experience. I used to load 100 shells per hour if I had the components laid out.

9. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

JD, It sounds to me that you are new to loading!! The 600 Jr. or the sizemaster loader is a very good machine to learn on. They will load about 4-6 a hour of your time. You will not get a much better load than off the sizemaster. It has abit better resizer on the machine over the 600 jr. But not always needed if you only shoot the same gun. Chamber sizes will vary from gun to gun. Once the new shell has been shot to that chamber gun it will stay that size unless the hull is resized in a machine. The 650,grabber,9000g's machines are all progressive machines and will reload a shell with each pull of the handle, unlike a single stage machine that needs the handle pulled 6 times for each shell made. It works on only one shell at a time. If you have the time they are great machines. Most people like to reduce the time spent at the loader and find the progressives great for that, reloading 300 or more shells in a hour. So it depends on how much you shoot per week, relating to how much spare time you have. I have both and you make small mistakes with single stage machines, and you make big mistakes with the faster progressive machines. Spilled powder and shot being the biggest. Hope this helps you out. Break-em all. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.