1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MEC Reloaders

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dave P, Feb 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have a well used 9000G. Due to helath problems I haven't reloaded any shells in a very long time. The other day I was cleaning it up and had primer drop problems (old system)and in the process I unhooked the spring underneath the tray. In trying to hook it back up I let it fly somewhere accross the basement. Anyway I decided to buy the new MEC primer mechanism and here's the question. I know they've been around awhile and many of you have put them on.

Is there any trick or handy information or tricks of the trade anyone can shed as to its installation beyond the instructions? Dave

2. Church Key

Church Key TS Member

I just put one on my MEC 9000H. There are two adjustments to center the primer tube over the hole the primer drops into. The first is very self-evident. it's a slot on the press itself when you install the primer feeder with the bolt washer, star washer, etc. You can adjust in/out (L/R) towards the center column. The second is a front/back adjustment slot on the primer tray itself. I never noticed this one and it caused me a bunch of frustration. I finally realized I could move the tray back and forth instead of bending the tube, duh. Other than that, an easy install.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.