1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mec reloaders

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by smartweed, Aug 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smartweed

smartweed TS Member

I have a two Mec reloaders in 12 and 20 ga. Never used, 10 yrs. old. Never got set up, started creating habitat on my ranches and haven't stopped yet. Will never reload and would like to sell or trade.
    Also have primers, lead shot and wads as well. Probably some red dot and hercules powder in the storage containers. Does this stuff go bad? Honestly have no idea what they are worth. Bought them from a business closure for $250 ea. in 1997. You guys know, I'm sure.

2. CharlesR1100

CharlesR1100 TS Member

You will need to tell us the model numbers of the reloaders. If not known, go to the MEC web site and check it out.

3. smartweed

smartweed TS Member

I will find said model #'s on the units themselves?

4. smartweed

smartweed TS Member

They are Grabber's. The smaller of the two is .410 and has 502 and 12 stamped on the side of the red charge bar. The larger is probably a 20 ga. and has 502 and 34 stamped on the red charge bar.

Both display P/N 856728 and are called Mec Grabber 8567's.

5. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

If the MEC with the 502 and 34 on the charge bar is originial, it may be a 28 ga machine. An originial 20 would generally have a 78 bar (7/8 oz shot).

The powder and primers may still be good if they were stored under moderate temperature and humidity conditions. The shot is good if it is not corroded. Where are you located so shipping can be estimated?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.