1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mec Reloader

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by seymore/82, Nov 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seymore/82

seymore/82 Active Member

To you Mec masters, the bolt that fits thru the Actuator Rod broke off in the Rod. I have a old 650 that I do not use and the Roller bolt and Cam Roller are in good shape,so, heres my question. There are two holes in the Actuator Rod,the bolt is broke off in the upper hole, is it possible that the lower hole which is threaded can be used. By putting the bolt in the lower hole will it mess with the timing. I question why the lower hole is even there and threaded.

2. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

No you can not use the lower hole. That is when you reload 3" shells. If you use this bottom hole you will over travel the rod and apply unnecessary pressure on the collet arm.

It is not hard to remove the actuator rod, then you can drill out the broken bolt.

3. seymore/82

seymore/82 Active Member

Calkidd, Thanks for the answer. Being where the Rod is located and the cost to put a new one in since this Rod has seen in the area of maybe 150,000 reloads, time to put a new one in. Thanks again. Seymore/82

4. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I can't remember, but if the tip of that bolt doesn't bottom out in it's hole,
    (I don't think it does) there is little thread distortion and pressure holding the remaining bolt shaft in. Just drill a hole in it and even just wedging a screwdriver in the hole may easily back it out.

5. riss6270

riss6270 TS Member

if you are wanting to sell it let me know. Ive been looking for a reloader to do 3 in shells.

6. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

Riss,

I believe just about most of the MEC's are adjustable to reload 3" shells. I know for sure the 9000 series is.

Bryan

7. riss6270

riss6270 TS Member

yeah i have 2 mecs set up for 2 3/4 id rather have seperate ones for 3in. Its a PITA to switch everything.

8. seymore/82

seymore/82 Active Member

Riss6270, you have a P.M.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.