1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mec Reloader Rebuilt Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Auctioneer, Jun 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I have a Mec 9000G that is about 20 or so years old. No matter how I reload there are more and more bad crips. I read the manual and did the adjustments that I should but still no good. I always go through the hulls and pick out the bad hulls that are cracked or splitting in some way. My question is how much does a rebuilt cost now a days at Mec?

2. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

I'm not sure. There is a guy on here birddog that rebuilds them. His name is Lee maybe he can do it for you. The other option being call Mec if no one has had it done lately. Good luck.

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Last I heard it was 50ish per hour plus parts and they will set it up for your specific load......if you use the same componants all the time. Did you switch anything? I have a 9000 that is about that old, guy I bought it from put a round count of about 60k shells loaded. Its loos and sloppy and still cranks out good shells.....although I need to be aware that I cycle the handle smoothly and completely

4. Auctioneer

I do pull and push the handle all the way. That is something I learned along time ago. I use to switch the loader from one load to another but I got a second loader to do the other load so I leave this one alone now.

I will look up Lee. Is that his ID name here on TS.com?

5. KooJo

KooJo Member

Did you take your crimping die apart and clean it also look for a piece of plastic
    in it or trash. If there is a burr in it, get some scotch-brite to polish the inside. I would still polish the inside of the die if every thing looks good.
    Also check your pre crimp die for trash or is it wore out. I would do all this and if there is still a problem I would call Mec. I hope this helps.

6. Auctioneer

Thanks for the advice KooJo. I will check all that before I do anything else.

7. Etiquette

Etiquette Member

How is the little roller on the crimp die??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.