1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mec Reloader questions??

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by rick979, Apr 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I am in the process of setting up a 12 guage Mec #8567 reloader and have 2 questions. It came with 2 rubber washers and one copperish colored one that is somewhat concave and has some raised areas on one side. Is the copper colored one used underneath the mouth of the cannister for lead and one of the rubber ones used underneath the cannister for powder? Also when cycling yesterday I notice the charge bar every once in a while did not return fully to the far right position. I slightly loosend the fit of the the powder and lead cannisters and it cycled correctly. I want to make sure I am placing the rubber and concave copper washers in the correct places. I want to load a few 1 0z. shells but want to avoid bloopers and inconsistent powder drops. Can you help me a bit? Thanks in advance for reading my post. Rick Kipp.... Texas

2. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I am sorry that I posted this in the wrong category. I hit the wrong button!! Rick Kipp.... Texas

3. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

So there is a rubber washer underneath the lead cannister? Both rubber washers appear to be identical.

4. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Got it. Much thanks Vern!

5. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Depends how you define "dimple"? I think that they should refer to the dimples as bumps. The bumps need to bit into the rubber grommet to prevent it from sliding with the bar.

I swear by the PC (Pattern Control) red plastic powder baffle. This baffle has a long enough spring loaded neck that you use it with out the grommet and brass washer. So you end up with a spare grommet for the shot bottle. With fine grain powder like Hodgdon TiteWad and Win ball powder, it almost eliminates any migration of powder grains, the grommet and washer was not as effective. Check out gamaliel.com link, if I remember right they sell them.

Jason

6. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Rick, just put one rubber washer under each bottle. One under the shot and one under the powder bottle. Reload 100 rounds of shells or so. If the powder is not leaking from on top of the bar and off onto your table or loader you do not need the metal washer that is concave. If you are leaking powder do install it under the rubber washer, with the 3 raised circular pattern tabs facing the rubber washer on top to get a better seal for your powder. Not to many 12 ga. powders will leak through the rubber washer, but some of the finer powders will. The rubber washers should still be soft and plyable, they get hard as they get older and need to be replaced. Good Luck and Break-em all. Jeff

7. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

You guys helped a lot. Thanks so very much!! Rick ... Texas

8. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

0   0   0

If you are using the new style shot bar with a hard rubber insert, you dont need a rubber grommet under the shot bottle.

Phil Berkowitz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.