1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mec reloader question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by $$90-T$$, Feb 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. $$90-T$$

$$90-T$$ Member

I'm seeing reloaded hulls coming out with dents just above the brass. They are not bulging but actually dented in. I cut them open and found every thing to be normal(shot drop and powder drop). Could it be a collet adjustment? It's about 4 out of a 100 shells not every one.
    Thanks in advance,
    Josh

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

You are going to have to see where the dent takes place. It is probably one of the last two stations. I would back off the crimp station a half a turn and see if the problem goes away. HMB

3. $$90-T$$

$$90-T$$ Member

I will give that a try. Thanks HMB.

4. $$90-T$$

$$90-T$$ Member

Mr. Charles, I don't know where it is happening yet but I did lower the final crimp not that long ago. I will back it off some. Thanks for the help you guys are great.
    Josh

5. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

What hulls? What Mec loader? Last three stations on a progressive Mec can be critical for new style AA hulls. Precrimp needs to be set fairly tight (low) and you can't go too far on the crimp or final die either. Either one can "crush" the tube.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.