1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MEC Reloader Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by reddeath, Apr 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reddeath

reddeath TS Member

I am not looking for the obvious answer "buy a new loader"

I currently am using a MEC 650n progressive reloader. It works just fine however, shell sizing is a seperate step. I reload for me, my friend, his son, my son and two of my sons friends. So with that many different guns re-sizing is a must.

Just this morning I was handed a MEC 76 grabber. It is missing a great deal of parts. bottles,bar lock,spindex (and parts), wad guide fingets and clip, entire primer seating part not to mention the primer feed tray.

My question is can I frankenstien the two loaders to make one. Using the parts listed above from my 650n. the end result would be a 650N with a sizer.

Thanks for your input.
    Craig

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Use the Grabber to resize the hulls and the 650 to reload them. HMB

3. bowhunting11

bowhunting11 TS Member

Sell graber and mec makes a rezizer use that its like 70 bucks

4. reddeath

reddeath TS Member

I do have a re-sizer.

I was just hoping that by combining the two machines I can eliminate the seperate sizing step all together.

5. DustyOne60

DustyOne60 Active Member

Reddeath:

I have used a MEC 650 for more years than I care to count. A fellow once loaned a box of shells to me and they were just enough out of specification that it caused some 'hang-ups' during the operation of the mechanism of my Remington 1100.

Consequently I have always resized my hulls as a seperate operation. I use a MEC "CaseConditioner". Simple. Effective and provides an additional opportunity to eispect my hulls. Perhaps there are some available out there.

Good luck.

DustyOne60

6. kgp912kgp

kgp912kgp Active Member

Reddeath,

The answer is YES SIR, You should be able to take the parts that you said were missing from the GRABBER and use the ones from your 650. Then if the parts don't fit(I'm guessing maybe the Primer seat) then you are only going to have to buy the parts that don't work on it. I totally see it working with the parts from the 650.

7. dverna

dverna Active Member

The MEC people may be helpful.

Don Verna

8. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

Even if you bought replacement parts for the Grabber, you would still be way ahead of the game, cost wise. If money is an issue, I would go to Ebay and buy used parts. FWIW. JM

9. maka

maka Member

Craig: I own an 18yr. old Grabber which I just took to Mec to have rebuilt. In addition to replacing many worn parts I had a new style primer tray instaled. A new Grabber currently cost approx. $400.00. It cost me $250 and it is like having a new loader again. Call Rick Gilbert @ Mec 1-800.797-4632. Explain to him what you have and he will either tell you what parts you need or what it might cost for them to do it. Mec is located in Mayville WI. 53010. Good Luck.

10. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Look at the MEC website and see if the part numbers match up.

11. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

If you like the 650 you will simply love the grabber. I have several grabbers and a couple of 650's and day and night is the difference being able to resize in one operation. Since the shells are being shot in several guns resizing is a must. It will be worth your money to fix the grabber. Jackie B.

12. reddeath

reddeath TS Member

Thanks Everyone!

13. pitt4570

pitt4570 Member

i think its time for the guys you are loading for to buy you a nice gift of a new or used 9000 g and sell the other stuff on ebay that would make loading and shooting more fun ted

14. LTB45

LTB45 Member

I use a Grabber and love it.
    Get it up and running. You wont regret it!

15. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

Fix that Grabber and get some good use out of it. Good machines..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

650n reloader tips

mec 650n vs mec 650

mec reloader wad guide clip