1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mec Reloader Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by buck50, Sep 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buck50

buck50 TS Member

Can anyone explain the advanages of a Mec Grabber loader over the Mec 650 Mark, if any...thanks in advance...Carl

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Just one. That is the collet re-sizer on the Grabber.

3. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

The Grabber has a resize collet. The 650 don't. Both are good. Just if you need the resizer then get the Grabber.

4. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

If you reload shells that are shot in just one gun the 650 will do you just fine. If you are shooting multiple guns I would use the Grabber as it resizes the brass.

5. Citori Shooter

Citori Shooter TS Member

The only thing I don't like about the collect sizer is that it compresses each time you pull the handle, shell or not.

6. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

How do you like the primer, shot and powder drops without a shell?! MEC needs to figure out how to make a shell detect reloading tool...

Jay

7. rdf59

rdf59 Member

Spitter, I have no problem with my 3 650s and 1 9000 on the shell detect. It will not drop powder if there is no shell in the primer set/powder drop station. Also, if done in proper sequence, it will not drop the shot.

8. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

If your machine is adjusted properly, it will not drop powder w/ out a shell, and will not drop shot w/ out a shell unless you are out of sequence

9. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

"If you reload shells that are shot in just one gun the 650 will do you just fine. If you are shooting multiple guns I would use the Grabber as it resizes the brass."

Also, if you get your hulls from pickups or purchases of a couple hundred at a time, you could run into oversize brass. With the Grabber you don't have to worry about this variable. The Grabber is a heck of a loader for the money, especially used (sometimes). Good luck.

10. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Jay, I can cycle my 9000H all day with all componets filled without dropping anything if I choose!!

Hap

11. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

I like the 650 for 28/410. Less wiggle to spill shot & less interaction & dependancy between stations makes for a better running machine. I use a Hustler/Grabber for 12/20. Will convery my 20 to Hydro. Do not like the 9000. I prefer to spin the plate,less hand-up. That said,I use a Dillon 650 that does all this on pistol cartridges. I love that it spins by itself & dumps the cartridge so I don't have to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.