1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MEC Reloader Question and Tip Request

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ronbo142, Feb 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

All

I know that this has most likley been discussed but....

How should the brass washer/rubber ring/powder bottle be configure.

1. Washer,rubber ring, bottle

2 rubber ring,waster, bottle

Then how should the waster be placed

Curve up or Curve down

I am loading .410 and the 296 is leaking between the shot bar than I would like.

Ronbo

2. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Brass washer on the bottom in the position of forming a dome, rubber next, and bottle after that. You MAY find screwing the bottle down firmly will cause the bar not to travel fully both directions and MAY have to loosen it a tad. Some powders will leak more than others and I've rarely seen a complete fix for leakage....breakemall...Bob Dodd

3. 391now

391now TS Member

forget the rubber washer and the brass washer got to the hardware store and get a nylon bushing that is as close to the rubber washer that you can find.you may have to file it down just a little but is way maore efective.

4. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

There are two types of brass washers used on MECs. One is a plain flat brass washer, the other is thinner and has ridges or bent v in 4 places on the washer. Rubber sits on top of sharp points of the V in the up position. Hap

5. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

Buy a PC powder baffle and toss the washers and grommets. It's the red plastic one. I have not had a flake of powder leak out since I installed one several years ago. As was mentioned with the washers, the same thing applies. Make sure you don't tighten it down too much or the bar won't travel far enough.

Tim

6. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Not related,but. A good tip I got was wiping the primer tray with a fabric softner dryer sheet. It worked very good primers slip slip slip.

7. fly

fly Active Member

You will have leakage the majority of the time with 296. Try Little Gun, it loads great due to not being a ball type powder.I've used different things in the powder drop, the factory brass with nipples on it worked best, but wouldn't stop the leakage. If you have shot spillage, try a Smooth Operator, I have some left.

8. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I use a spring loaded powder baffle and the brass washer and the rubber washer. I believe the brass washer with the indents goes in first with the concave side UP. Then the rubber washer and the spring loaded powder baffle. My spring loaded baffle is cast pot metal with a plastic collar that contacts the rubber washer. The spring loaded baffle allows the bar to move with everything tighteded up. My .410 SizeMaster does not leak any Win 296 with this setup.

Jim Skeel

9. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Going to try the PC Powder Baffle will update once I get it from Gamille.

Ronbo

10. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

Problems with powder migration on .410 machines is common. The very best fix is the PC red powder baffle hands down. Cured 99% of the problem on my 9000H.

11. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

3rd on the baffle --you can use the brass concave washer -- vex up- and dont over tighten the baffle DO NOT use the rubber washer with the baffle rick

12. SNelson

SNelson Member

4th recommend on any powder baffel with the .410 ball powder migration problem. The powder baffel makes a huge difference.
    Scott R Nelson

13. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Follow up:

Thank you all the powder baffle cured my leakage problem on my .410 bore loader. I purchased three of them so on to the 28 and 12.

Semper Fi
    Ronbo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.