1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MEC reloader problem

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by MAX & TOBY, Oct 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MAX & TOBY

MAX & TOBY Member

I have a 8567 grabber bought new, loaded about 2500 shells. Makes a perfect crimp but the plastic pre-crimp 8 point star comes off and sticks to the top of the shell. Any suggestions how to end this pre-crimp sticking problem? Thank you.

2. birddog1964

birddog1964 TS Member

you need to replace just the plastic piece for the the pre crimp due to wear.see part and price at url above.

thanks
    lee

Note, Up on installing new one get some {dry} silicone spray and give it a shot on the inside of the cup that will help on the new one to last and not sticking.

3. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Mine did the same thing. It makes for some miseareable loading. Like birdog said....get a new one. You can't fix the old one as it needs to be able to "free-wheel" so it can "find the crimp".

4. FLIP

FLIP Member

if you don't have a new one place on a solid flat surface hit with a flat punch will tighten it up, hope it helps

5. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

Shimmed mine up with teflon pipe thread tape until I could get a new one.

6. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I sure don't see how it would wear out with 2500 loads!!! Unless it was bad to start with but MEC tests everything to total destruction! Is it possible you have it too low also? Too much pre-crimp pinching the hull and holding on?

Hap

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Pre crimp should be adjusted so there is a hole the size of a lead pencil, maybe a little smaller, in the center.

HM

8. drh08

drh08 TS Member

I am guessing he is reloading AA hulls. STS solved that entire stuck in the crimper problem for me anyway.

9. MAX & TOBY

MAX & TOBY Member

Thanks to all tha replied. Contacted MEC and they are sending a new crimp and pin. In the mean time, I've made the adjustments and punched the pin to hold me over. Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

mec reloader problems

mec reloading forum

mec reloading problems
mecc 9000gs 28ga reloader problem shell stuck in final crimper
problems with 650 mec reloader
troubleshooting mec reloader