1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MEC Reloader problem

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 514678buckeye, Mar 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 514678buckeye

514678buckeye TS Member

I am having a problem with a MEC hyd. loader. Ocassionally the wad will catch on top of the hull and crush it.It seems like the hull's crimp is not open all the way or the wad finger is not deep enough into the hull. Can an adjustment be made for this? I have a new wad guide. I'm not sure where the c-clip belongs on the rod for the guide. Also I reload where it is a little chilly, does that make a difference? If I try to lower the wad guide the resizer crushes the brass. Please offer some suggestions. Thanks, Buck

2. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Call MEC and they will walk you through the set up. Their tech support is very good. Just be sure to be at the press when you call. Thier hours and contact info is at the link above.

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

When I first started loading I bought a used loader, all wacked out of adjustment? I called mec and they walked me through setting it up, and what to do for final adjustments. Mec has been great with help and service. Never a wait on parts. Their on line ordering system is great calling them for parts is great also. I also like the fact that they dont rush to say send it in and we will overhaul it for you. Which for a well used loader that you picked up cheap at a yardsale is a good opption. I like to fix things myself. Sometimes time doesnt offer that I can. Mec service call them

4. hfrogdogc

hfrogdogc Member

BUCKEYE

your E-CLIP goes on the bottom. the top is for 3in. loosen up the wad guide. set a case under it and cycle down on to it and make ajustment. tighten it up you are ready to go. HENRY

5. thomaslea1

thomaslea1 Member

The only time I have had that happen was when the primers weren't fully seated. Caused the hull to rock a little and the wad guide would catch on the hull and wouldn't go inside, causing the wad to catch the hull. Increased the primer pressure and MY problem was solved.

Tom

6. 514678buckeye

514678buckeye TS Member

Made some suggested adjusments and seems to have helped. Seems to me the hull catches because the wad guide is too close in towards the loader but I could not adjust it out any. Most of the time that it catches I can just bump the shell and the wad guide will fall down to its proper location. Even when everything looks good the C/B win. wad or the C/B Fig 8 wad will compress as it goes into the hull. Thanks, Buck

7. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

What is stopping you from loosening the guide screw and rotating the guide to the right, away from the press, and getting it lined up with the hull. Then retightening the screw and locking the guide in place? HMB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.