1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mec reloader for 28g Rem 1100

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Stumpstalker, Jul 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stumpstalker

Stumpstalker TS Member

When I used to shoot a double, I could always use my thumb to seat a shell that had seen many visits to the range. Now that I have to use an auto, I need a reloader that will size the rounds to factory specs so that the bolt always goes into battery when I release it. I'm not going to do what I did before and use the shells until the crimps blow off. A few reloads and then into the trash with them.

How does the Mec 600jr resize the cases compared to the Sizemaster?

Carmine

2. ec90t

ec90t Guest

600 jr uses an adjustable sleeve and the sizemaster uses a collet. The sizemaster is easier to pull, but both do a fine job when adjusted properly.

ec90t

3. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

I have a 600 that I reload 12,16,20,28 & 410. I also have 3 12ga,2 20 ga Mec collet loaders & a 28 & 410 650's that use the 600 ring style of sizer. I use the Mec collet supersizer on the 28 & 410 before loading. Many skeet tubesets cause a bad bulge low down that is hard to reach with a ring style. Personally having loaded on Mecs for 40 years,I would get the collet Sizemaster. I do agree with the "properly adjusted" comment. But the collet does do a bit better job easier.Tom

4. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Carmine, I know that the 9000g has 3 closing stations. First is pre-crimp, 2nd is the closeing crimp, and the third one puts a tapering on the shell. The tapering I have HEARD is very important for a auto gun. Talk to the gang at Mec and see if this is found on the grabber or others. I have the sizemaster and this feature is not on mine. You may have to upgrade to this 3rd station that tapers the finished shell for your auto loader. I hope this helps you out. Break-em all. Jeff

5. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

The Mec 9000 is the way to go for your 28 ga gaspipe.

BTW, I load 15 gr Unique behind 11/16 oz of either 9's or 7 1/2's. RP hull, Cheddite primer, CB wad. This load should work your gaspipe, and will crimp easier.

It will work in the HS hull, if you drop the powder 1/2 gr.

It BOILS a target off the 16 yard line with a tight choke and 7 1/2's.

NO RECOIL! (almost no recoil) LOL

6. Michael Jobe

Michael Jobe TS Member

15 grains of Unique? Even with 11/16ths oz, that sounds like a lot. I know if you reload the Winchester hull with Winchester components and 3/4 oz of shot, the max is 13 grains of Unique and IIRC, that isn't far from max pressure.

My recommendation would be a single stage MEC (600 Jr) for the 28 ga. I have an 1100 28 ga and reload for it on a 600. No problem cycling reloads, and IMO a single stage is the way to go with the smaller gauges.

~Michael

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.