1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mec. Reloader Expert:

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Arkie, Dec 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arkie

Arkie Member

I was loading on my Mec 9000H reloader and two of the sizing collet broke off. How do you take the sizer off. Will it make any differents if I load on the reloader. Thanks Rick

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Yes, you need to change it. dismount the loader, and take off the advancing mechanism.

Withhout going into great detail, you need to separate the bottom from the top. Mind which hole the front bolt is in, and don't lose the roller from the rear. Then you can take the nut off the bottom of the collet and unscrew it from the base. Lube the fingers before you put the new one in, the ones next to the base are hard to get at even with a Q tip.

When you lose the indexing detent ball from under the little brass retainer, have another one ready.

It gets hard to find amongst all the spilled shot.

Don't do as I did and try it without taking the loader to a clean work area where you can see what you are doing.

HM

3. Arkie

Arkie Member

Thanks for the help. Rick

4. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

if you are not good with you hands and remembering how to put back and adjust would send to mec if you are take it apart after you get the new collet and do it in a big box that way you will have all the parts ther is more to it than halfmile said rick

5. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

Arkie-
    No need to do anything except remove the nut securing the sizing collet with a 13/16" box wrench, then unscrew the collet. Most likely, the reason for the breakage is shot getting stuck between the collet tines and straning them during use. Keeping the collet CLEAN & LUBED and free of junk is very important to longevity.
    Andy

6. Pull Bang

Pull Bang Member

TIP

If possible, get an EASY-OUT tool from your local hardware store, part number EX-5.

Using a light hammer tap the easy-out into the bottom of the collet. You can than put a small open-end wrench on the easy-out to turn the collet out. This will make removal easer. When the collet compressed to go through the hole in the base, it does go very hard.

Good luck.

Frank

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.