1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

mec reloader 28ga problem

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by newcastle, Aug 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newcastle

newcastle Member

Hi has anyone ever encountered the problem with the hulls binding to the primer seating tube. using a sizemaster with sts hulls and winchester primers, ran a few winchester hulls just to get press set up with no problems then started on the sts hulls and everyone sticks to the primer seating tube. I can hardly get them off. I sanded the tube sides down some but its almost like its expanding the brass and if I take some of the end I don't think they will seat deep enough. any ideas thanks

2. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

That problem was common with .410s. I guess it could occur with 28s too. MEC used to make an extra clip that fit on the primer station and would hold the shell on the up-stroke and peel it off.

Call MEC. You might find somebody that remembers that part. I wish I bought one of those parts when they were available in case I ever dust off the old .410 600 jr.

3. 1oz

1oz Member

Contact Mec and purchase the correct part .They are aware of this problem

4. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

1oz - Which part? Are you refering to the clip I wrote about, or do they have a new/better solution these days, e.g. an improved reprime punch?

5. 1oz

1oz Member

Mr Skeet,
    I contacted Mec a year or so ago about the hulls sticking and Mec said they had a new priming rod .The machine I was having trouble with was the Sizemaster in the 28 gauge

6. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

1oz - Good information. ty.

7. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

I had a problem with the new style AA hulls doing that in my 20 ga 9000. Mec told me to take a Dremel cutoff disk and cut approx 1/8 inch off the powder drop tube. That fixed it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

help with shell stuck in 28ga reloader

help with stuck 28ga reloader

mec reloader primer seat problems

primers sticking in mec primer punch