1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MEC progressive loader problem

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by stokinpls, May 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly, you need to lower the powder drop tube. Observe where it is (mark it), loosen the allen bolt, remove the powder "funnel tube", tap the powder drop tube down 1/8", tighten up the bolt, replace the funnel tube and try it. This is the station that releases the bar, that's why the bar locks when no shell is present to be primed. Good luck.

2. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

stop being frustrated.

call MEC.

they're tech support is AWESOME.

3. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

Two other things to check would be primers not letting the center tube in the collect drop, and more inportantly is checking to see if the tube drops out fast enough to let the shell all the way down. If not give that supporting bar on the bottom of the loader a twist down.

GS

4. k3uro

k3uro Member

Hey,

In the short term just unhook the spring.

Jim

5. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

Sorry wrong MEC post for mine..............

6. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Stokinpls is on the right track. Adjust the powder drop tube down till the large spring is just short of coil bind and it should work.

Jim

7. GordonWood421

GordonWood421 TS Member

mac1911 ,

It REALLY is surprising how tight the clamp must be to keep the tube secured -- even check to see if the screw might be slightly stripped . You might even consider applying a bit of LOCTITE just when you abjust the clamp and then allow it to sit for a few hours .

Is your clamp "metal-to-metal" ? if not , consider a screw long enough to put a jam-nut for greater gripping force .

Charlie

8. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

It's the powder drop ram, needs to be lower and the descriptions above are correct. You don't adjust that tube down until it seats primers nicely, you need to keep coming down until it also unlocks the bar...breakemall...Bob Dodd

9. Phil E

Phil E TS Member

And Charlie's right, that tube needs to be really secured. I put a felt-tip-pen line on the inner powder-drop tube, up near the top where the outer tube meets it, so I can keep an eye on it. If that line disappears, I know the outer tube has slipped up a little, and it's time to loosen it & move it back down where it belongs. Phil E

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.