1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mec Progressive Hydraulic Users?????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by pahunter1, Apr 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pahunter1

pahunter1 TS Member

I have a Mec 650 Hydraulic. I bought it used several years and have not used it for some time. I have no paper work on the hydraulic motor and pump. My question is, what type of oil do you use in the pump. I do remember the guy I bought it from saying to use regular motor oil in it, but did not say what weight,regular or degerent. How full? Any info would be appreciated.

2. pahunter1

pahunter1 TS Member

If anybody has any paper work for the Mec hydraulic system, I will pay for a copy of them.

3. cueguy2

cueguy2 TS Member

I will look around for my paper work and try and get copies for you. Someone may have an extra set to send you. I will check back here. When I took mine into Mec for work, they told me to use regular old hydraulic fluid, like you would use on a hydrostatic drive for a lawn mower. Been working fine for two years now. Nubs Wagner.

4. randy-s

randy-s Member

The manual might be downloadable from MEC's website.

http://www.mecreloaders.com/OwnerManuals/OwnerManuals.asp

5. atagym

atagym TS Member

Mine came with 10W motor oil.

When you look in the fill plug you will see the silver pump. The oil should just cover the pump.

6. crew

crew TS Member

I have a 9000H probably the same pump 1/4 HP. MFG. Fenner Fluid Power, Rockford,IL. Fluid Capacity 1 Quart. Oil Type 10W30. Speed 1725. Current 5.8 AMPS.667 watts. Rating Continuous Duty. There's no dip stick I just put in the quart of oil, mine leaks as Ive loaded lots of shell so I just added a little . This came right out of the Mec Book. Maybe someone will scan you the page. If not the tag on your pump will tell you if its the same as my 9000H. You can call Mec the number on my book is 1-800 797-4632. Happy loading.. Wayne

7. Texas Ton

Texas Ton TS Member

I have one of the first 9000H's, it came with a quart of 20-20 non detergent, still running. As was mentioned, I run it where the pump casting is covered a little.

I've been around hydraulics, forever, I've never seen a unit use multi-vis detergent oil, maybe on these it doesn't matter??

If you happen to know a farmer, beg a little JohnDeere Hy-guard off of them. Farm supply stores will probably have Hy-trans in quarts.

8. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Sorry, I can't find the dipstick on my Auto-Mate. lol lol

Hauxfan!

9. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Send me your email address and I can send it to you.
    Mike Battista

'

10. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

Hauxfan can't find his dipstick? Wow!

11. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

I'm using an old HydroMec that I purchased from a friend over ten years ago..It was filled with ATF when I got it and all I've ever done was add some when the level dropped due to a leaking cylinder. Can't see any reason to change it now.

Big Jack

12. old pipe

old pipe TS Member

Was told by the MEC honco, AW68 hydraulic oil. Common oil they use in most
    hydraulic systems. pineapple

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

mec 650 hydra oil