1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MEC procheck?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by maclellan1911, Sep 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Does some one have a good pic of a mec with the procheck system intact? Im trying to revamp a older pre 82 model. Is the pro check even worth the while? I will be setting this reloader up for trial loads. Need to SEE what im missing.

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

With a procheck in place you don't have to push the wad gude down every time you load a shell.

It's a gotta have item, saves labor.

HM

3. glcmedic118

glcmedic118 TS Member

Maybe I'm not remembering correctly but a pro check has more to do with the load bar than the wad guide. It has a hole where you tighten one bolt and it helps keep you straight on your shot and powder drop for a mec. Go to mecreloaders.com and search the page, you will find your loader and they give you a price for the part. I use a sizemaster with a pro check and it works great.
    Grant

4. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I have the manual. What I cant seem to see is how the procheck is activated de activated. How is it or what trips it.

5. chipking

chipking TS Member

It is not activated or deactivated. When it is bolted in place on the front of the charge bar with the open end to the left it rides in the slot in the measure housing. The majority of the piece will be below the measure assembly. With it there you cannot push the charge bar to the left to drop powder unless the handle is down because it hits the top of the wad guide bar and stops you. Then when you raise the handle after dropping powder it keeps the wad guide bar down so you can add the wad, pull down the handle again and move the charge bar back to the right to drop shot.
    --- Chip King ---

6. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Chip, thanks for the insight. I was thinking it reset the bar for you. When I purchase the loaders and the parts. Was told procheck was removed becouse it was the only loader he had with it and thought it to be a hassle? Anyway I have every part but the prockeck. I got the 650 parts I wanted for my loader out of the deal. This loader which I think is a versamec? pre 82 works very good for its age. I loaded up some loads with a differant recipe. works great. The resizer works better than what I have been hearing. I also got the resizer kit for my 650 out of the deal. I have finished going thru all the parts and pieces sortted and put on ebay. under same sign on name. I know some people do not like ebay. I have had no luck posting on the other sights yet. gunsamerica,auctionarms,gunbroker ect ect. they just do not seem to be getting the success for loader parts/componants ect ect yet. I know in time this may inprove but for now ebay sells for me.

7. chipking

chipking TS Member

Just remember the procheck was ONLY used on the single stage loaders. It first appeared on the 600jr and it may not be backward compatable to the versamec.
    --- Chip King ---

8. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Chip Mec says other wise. The versamec and or versamec 700 was the updated 600jr with the procheck and new no need to adjust resizer with improved cam for any length of brass. Basically what the 600jr V is all that combined. Versamec is a single stage press. I for the life of me just could not see how the procheck was supose to work? the 2 loaders i bought the versamec pre 82 and 600 jr 85 are just a tad diferant. the 600jr has been used for spare parts by previous owner. The versamec will most likly be used for trial loads or sold. Thank you guys.