1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mec problem

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by newcastle, Apr 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newcastle

newcastle Member

Hi, just wondering if anyone has encountered this , I'm reloading with a mec 9000 and an a automate and at station 2 the rammer tube hits the top of the hull and and caves it in, looks like the hull is canted outward a touch but all of the other stations work fine and the hull is plenty open from the de prime punch so there's plenty of room . I just cant figure it out and about the only thing I can think of doing is to
    grind the thick washer for the primer seating more flat so there's less of the taper around the edge of it and more flat base for the hull to sit on.This is for a 28 gauge reload and any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks

2. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Check the floating plate to make sure it's centered properly on the spring rod at that station. If it's not installed properly, it throws the hull center off too.

Hap

3. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

This may sound silly, but check for a small piece of shot stuck in the primer seater. This could slightly hold the primer up and cause the hull to tip.

ss

4. newcastle

newcastle Member

Thanks hap, I took another look at it and noticed that the black plate that goes around the base that is riveted down had a small dent or bend in it downward causing the primer plate not to seat fully , I bent it up a bit with a screw driver and my hulls are now sitting like they should and not getting smashed with the powder drop tube anymore.
    thanks much

5. Ed in MD

Ed in MD TS Member

ss

How could there possibly be shot there? Just kidding!

6. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 Member

Look for shot in the primer position.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.