1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MEC problem

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by msmith, Mar 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msmith

msmith Member

My 9000g owes me nothing, but I am starting to have an occasional light shot drop on the load. Everything is clean. I can tell by the dished in crimp the the shot is light. Any ideas what can be doing this? Thanks, Mike

2. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

what kind of shell and wad if its a AA probley getting a wad hang up also what ga? rick

3. msmith

msmith Member

Its a Remington STS 20ga. hull, RXP wad. I have used this load for 6 yrs with no problems.It is definitely not dropping the proper amount of shot (about 1 out of 25 loads). I will check the lever & rod. Thanks, Mike

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

If you check the lever and rod will that tell you how much the shot drop weighed? I don't think so. Weigh the shot in the shell with the dished in crimp. Then you will know where to look for the answer to your problem. HMB

5. msmith

msmith Member

Rev, thanks, the charge bar was not making a full travel. I made the adjustment and everything is fine. Thanks, Mike

6. Phil E

Phil E TS Member

That charge-bar advancement adjustment will move every so often. I glance at the screw on the front of the bar every hour or so, to be sure it's advancing clear over & almost touching the stop at the left. I have a wrench right there nearby to turn that nut, when I see it's drifted. Phil E

7. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

A shot bottle screwed down too tight on the rubber washer will cause the bar to stick also. Hap

8. mercedesman1981

mercedesman1981 TS Member

Sounds like a great application for nylocks. I just bought a new 9000GN and will look at installing nylocks wherever possible.

It feels good to buy a product made in the US.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.