1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mec problem

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by clayman51, Jul 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clayman51

clayman51 Member

Mec 9000 machine. Powder drop tube splitting the haul. Looks like the tube is not centering in the Haul.Everything in the turret seems to be lined up,hits against the stop on the right side as it should.

Has anyone else experienced this, Any solution?

Thanks in advance

Dennis

2. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

Dennis, is this a new 9000gn? If it is it might be the primer drop tube instead of the powder drop tube. I had a little trouble with mine when I first set it up. I had to center the primer drop tube between the deprime punch and the powder drop because the primer drop tube was hitting the hull and causing problems.

3. clayman51

clayman51 Member

It is an older machine, 6 to 8 years old. It is the powder tube not the primer tube. It is the hydraulic machine. Seems to have just started, sure has me puzzled. I will call Mec tomorrow if I do not find an answer soon.

Dennis

4. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Dennis, make sure the primer seating spring and plunger is seated in the machine properly. If not seated properly, it will tilt the hull allowing the tube to shave the hull.

Hap

5. clayman51

clayman51 Member

Problem solved. The tube on the 200 primer drop tray was too close to the powder drop tube. Minor adjustment and back in business.I had replaced the upper linkage a few weeks ago and had to remove the tray in doing so. Did not get the tray reinstalled as it was prior.

Thanks for everyone`s help

Dennis

6. JJJ

JJJ TS Member

Whenever you have a problem with a MEC machine,call MEC. Be standing in front or near your machine with phone in hand. They will have you up & running before you can say Spolar.
    Joe Jordan :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

mec deprime punch trouble