1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mec primerfeed tray

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by maclellan1911, Oct 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Any tips primer feed tray has lost its slip. Primers do not want to slide down into position. Any good tips. I tried cleaning and waxing, did not work so well.

2. glcmedic118

glcmedic118 TS Member

Clean your tray, make sure you don't have any debris and then lightly spray the tray surface with pledge and buff it with a soft cloth. This will make it slicker for the primers without making it sticky.
    Good Luck
    Grant

3. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

I will clean my tray with Brake Clean on a cloth and then use floor wax. I will put the wax on then polish it with another and it works great.

4. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Pledge or a touch of powdered graphite work wonders. Clean it first and then a light touch of either. Wipe it down a bit after the application and you are good to go. Brake Cleaner can damage/melt plastic, so use it on the metal trays ONLY. Alcohol is a better choice if you must degrease it. I find the powdered graphite works the best for me and usually make sure a very small amount makes it down the primer tube. I use a touch on the charge bars also.

5. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Every so often, I use #0000 steel wool and give the tray a rub. Works on either type of feeder. A shot of powdered teflon works too.

6. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

dont use steel wool on the plastic tray i use a wool cleaning mop dipped in dry moly will get in the small areas and down the tube rub a little and a nat will slide on it rick

7. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

car wax works good for me

Bill

8. old school

old school TS Member

HI. TRY DRY FILM LUBE.AFTER YOU SPRAY IT ON AND IT SETS UP WIPE OFF ALL THE OVER SPRAY. IT WORKS FOR ME JIM

9. psfive

psfive Member

Remove the primer feed tray. Clean it good with hot soapy water. Let it dry. Two coats of good car wax. Replace the tray. Works for me. Paul

10. willing

willing Member

I use powder graphite on the tray and a pipe cleaner w/graphite in the drop tube. Seems to work.

Bill

11. RLC323

RLC323 Member

Carefuly bend it up a bit to give you a steeper slope. I use pledge spray on the surface and shine it up with a soft cloth.

12. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Sprinkle a little baby powder or motor mica on the tray and it will stay slick for quite a while.....Dan Thome (Trap2)

13. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

"willing" is correct. A little powdered graphite does the job. Clean first with carb cleaner.

14. crash46

crash46 TS Member

Dont spray it,dont clean it,just take a sheet of fabric softener and wipe tray out with it!You will like results!

15. j l c

j l c TS Member

Take a clean cloth and spray lightly with Silcon and wipe the inside of the Tray. I do this about ounce a month and have absolutly no problems. Jerry C

16. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Thanks everyone, going to try a few methods.

17. AAA 27 AAA

AAA 27 AAA TS Member

Primer trays just get dirty over time and all you have to do is spray a little Pledge (furniture duster) on the tray and wipe dry. This is also recommended by MEC.

18. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

The longest lasting fix for a slick primer tray I've found is to wax it with "Liquid Glass" auto polish. Works terrific on your car also! Hap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

mec primer feed tray