1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mec primer feed

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bisi, Oct 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Well over the weekend I shot my last box of "Gun Club" shells that I paid a little over $3 a box. And since Wally world has raised the price of their 4 box Federals I'm back to reloading.

Got the reloader out and started having trouble with the primer drop. Just wondering if anybody had installed the new Mec primer drop on a 650 and how did it work?

Also I just opened my last bag of shot that I paid $12.50 a bag for years ago. Wish I would've purchased a lot more at that price. I'm going to be in for sticker shock when I go to the component dealer tomorrow.

2. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Yes I have installed the new feed on some of mine. Its rather simple installation.

3. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

I've done it on all four of my 9000H machines. Best thing I could have done to improve reliability. You still have to scan the operation, however.

4. psfive

psfive Member

I bought the new large capacity primer feed and installed it on my MEC 650. Works like a dream. Never fails to drop a primer. Always right in the hole. After using the old chain drive primer feed you will not believe how well the new one works. I still have the old chain drive one if anyone needs one. Paul

5. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Bisi: When you see the price of shot you might just put your 650 back in storage and head back to Wal Mart. In Texas it is now $31.00 a bag. Rick

6. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rick. That just means the recession is over.

"Glory-be, and pass the ammunition"

7. shootsome

shootsome Member

My large capacity primer feed works great with Winchester and Fiocchi primers. But with Cheddites primers I get hang ups at the entrance to the drop tube. Anyone else have problems with Cheddites dropping consistently?

8. wlc

wlc Member

No problem with Cheddite, I did have that problem occasionaly with Remington primers though.

9. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Bisi,

If you get one of those new primer feeds, make sure to use a little pledge to help the primers slide. It'll save you a headache or two.

They do work very well. A nice upgrade for any MEC that doesn't already have it.

ss

10. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Well the dealer didn't have any primer feeds, supplier says they are on the truck and in transit. Try back in a couple of days.

$29 a bag for Star Shot.. Ouch!

Been shooting Red Dot, but made the switch to Promo and purchased 8lbs, gotta cut back somewhere.

Think I might go back to Wally World and start buying Federal 4 packs, or just quit shooting. Dam wonder why I brought the Promo then??

11. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

short shucker has it right on the Pledge. It helps your primers slide down the tray. I also use Pledge on a Q-tip to make sure you get all the way down the throat of the drop tube.

Hauxfan!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
mec large capacity primer feed problems

mec primer feed problems