1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MEC Primer Feed Question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by FormerMarine, Aug 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FormerMarine

FormerMarine Member

Hi Guys,

Just got my used MEC 9000G and the primer tray is in pieces. Can anybody tell me where the flat spring goes? I assume it helps force the primers forward but I can't see how it goes in there. Also, how do I adjust it so it drop the primers flat? Right now it is dropping them in at an angle.

Thanks in advance,
    Bill

2. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

Fork over a bit more money and go out and buy the new primer tray.

Tim

3. Lkn4rocks

Lkn4rocks TS Member

formermarine ..... If you should decide to go for the new style primer feed, here is a URL of one of the least expensive places to pick one up.

This new style primer tray should take care of all your primer feed problems.

Another thing if you talk to MEC, order a swing out wad guide assy, that is used primarily for loading wads used for steel shot but it loads wads for lead shot fantastic.

With these two items installed CORRECTLY, your loader will not look or feel like the same one you've been loading on!

4. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

as the others said get the new one and you wont have the problems that you will with the one you have ricks1

5. ol 12 shooter

ol 12 shooter TS Member

The flat spring attaches to the wall of the tray and the upper part of the silver primer fork in the tray that puts the primer in the tube. This spring pushes the primer fork back up into tray. The spring your talking about should be about 1/4" wide and around 3" long right?

ol12

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

mec primer feed problems