1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mec Primer drop tube?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by parrot man, Jan 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. parrot man

parrot man TS Member

Sorry Guys if anyone answered my post I didn't find it.

Problem Mec 9000 Primer Feed always dropping primer anyplace but where it's supposed to be!! Would one of you Nice reloaders Please tell me how to fix this. It's a real pain.

Thanks,
    Eric R. Vega

2. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Eric, Not really sure when it's dropping it, so let me begin from the top. The chain is your timing device. If your primer is falling out before it gets to the bottom of the stroke then the chain is to short. You want to adjust it so that it drops the primer at the bottom of the stroke.

If the problem is that it's not dropping it in the hole for the primer, pull the handle all the way down and adjust the tube where it is 1/16 of an inch from the revolving plate. Tighten it good when you have the proper depth and then while holding close to bracket bend it so it's centered over the drop hole. Jackie B.

3. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

"Sometimes the bracket holding the tube has to be bent a little to align the bottom of the tube with the rotating plate hole. A crescent wrench and a little persuasion on the bracket in which ever direction necessary will fix a lot of problems. The bracket can be bent in any direction to get it aligned properly. Just make sure the bracket bolt is tight when doing this. If you don't have a MEC loader manual, give them a call and you'll have one. Timing the primer drop is also important for easy loading which is made by adding or subtracting links on the chain. Hap"

Your first post is down a ways from this one guy.

4. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

I upgraded four reloaders. One feed would not work properly on any of them.

I had not purchased them from MEC (MEC recommendes you buy elsewhere) but they offered to replace the primer feed when I emailed.

The replacement worked perfectly.

5. Gold E

Gold E TS Member

I upgrade to the new 200 primer assembly several years ago. After adjusting and bending, I also found that a washer (spacer) to lower the drop tube until it JUST touches the indexing plate, and setting the cam timing to drop later (at the bottom of the stroke), works best for me.

Good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.