1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

mec,oversize shot bottle

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by plaw, Jun 29, 2013.

1. plaw

plaw Active Member

Is there a company that makes a shot bottle that will hold a 25 lb.bag of shot?

2. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

http://www.trapshooters.com/noframes/cfpages/thread.cfm?Threadid=314076&SortBy=DESC&ShowDeleted=No

3. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

Had a friend that made a hopper from a gallon paint can, mounted a funnel on the bottom, secured a clear,, about 1" diameter clear plastic tube to the funnel and ran it into the shot bottle. It would hold 25lbs of shot + and he could pinch off the tube if he needed to remove the supply for any reason. The can was suspended from a hook on the rafter above his loading press. Worked for him for many years.

Big Jack

4. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Coke makes one, Pepsi makes one, others too. I picked one that had a pretty stiff neck and it's still working fine after several years. I set up a sling for it to sit in when I tip it back. It isn't tied to the other bottle or anything either. Just sits there and works.

5. capvan

capvan Active Member

Yes, there is a company that makes a bottle that holds 25 lb. I've got one on my Mec. Wish I could think of the company name. Hopefully someone will chime in with that info. One of the best investments I've made in reloading.

cap

6. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

7. psfive

psfive Member

I found this hope it helps.

I have a large capacity bottle made by Lou of Basic Machine Design; it holds an entire 25lbs of shot. It is awesome! Heavy duty, well made, bullet alum. base with drain tube portal.

His number is 484-241-1136. It would be the last bottle you'd ever have to buy for your loader and it stays transparent too so you can see your shot.

Paul in GINebraska.

8. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I have a large capacity bottle made by Lou of Basic Machine Design also.
    They are the best. The last time I spoke to Lou he was making Barrels. He put the MEC Bottles on hold for a few months. I would think by now he back making the MEC Bottles.