1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mec Jig fixture information

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dan2116, Dec 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dan2116

dan2116 Member

Who has experience with one of these and what do you think. Do they hold the machine secure through a good amount of use.Any problems with them? Any and all thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all.

2. jhunts

jhunts Active Member

Are you talking about one of these?

[​IMG]

3. gjmen

gjmen Member

I have had one for years, it works great. gjmen

4. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

o.k. You got me interested. Where do I find this gismo?

Jim Skeel

5. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

You could probably make your own alot cheaper and better by being creative with a few supplies from Home Depot or Lowe's. A small home project if your into that type of stuff.

6. dan2116

dan2116 Member

That's it jhunts. My only concern was the reloader moving in the jig at all.As for making one , all it is is a flat plate with rails. The rails are the issue. Finding that formed rail heavy enough to work as well as the Mec jig. If anyone has made a jig I would love to see pictures and where the materials were found.

7. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

I use one three months out of the year. Great for traveling when you don't have a work bench where your staying (and not being able to drill holes anyway if renting and they had one).

I attach it to a piece of 3/4 inch plywood.

The plywood goes on the top of a small folding portable work table that I travel with. The table is to small for both the reloader, a bag of wads, shells and a basket; so came up with the plywood cut to size to meet my needs. Flush in the front and back, wider on the sides.

Picked up the table at Home Depot a few years back. I bolt the plywood to the table.

8. brdslayr

brdslayr Well-Known Member

Love the one I have. Works great for the 9000 and then can swap to the 600 JR

9. swine

swine Member

Ballistic prooducts for 39.99 plus shipping if you dont have resource for making one or if you know some who works in the sheetmetal trade

10. PatMiles

PatMiles Well-Known Member

Gamaliel's for $37.95. Free shipping til Christmas. Saves about $10.00.
    Pat

11. Smithy47

Smithy47 Member

I have used one of these for about a year. I needed to make room for other things on my reloading bench and this allows me to switch from several MEC presses and store the others when not in use. It holds the presess very tightly. I highly recommend it for anyone that has limited space for your reloaders. Bob

12. dan2116

dan2116 Member

Thanks guys.I found one at Connie's. Gamaliels was a little better price because of the free shipping. Oh well!!!

13. rdf59

rdf59 Member

Excellent, well engineered product. Holds very firm. I have one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

mec jig fixture