1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mec is in a Bind

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by k3uro, Oct 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k3uro

k3uro Member

For some time now my 9000 has been impossible to cycle. From time to time the handle would not go to the top of the up stroke. If u look close in the picture u can see a groove that was cut into the part.

Put some lube on it now it works fine. LOL

Take care

Jim

2. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

Thats not good. I had to file mine to clean up the angles on the ramp, but mine was not tore up like that. It looks like you're going to need to replace those parts or send your machine back to MEC to have them rebuild it.

3. k3uro

k3uro Member

LOL,

No the parts r easy to replace, just put anti-sieze on it and keep pulling the handle.

I thought it was the resizer for a long time but it was not.

Take care,

Jim

4. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

What part is it? I fail to see which one you're are talking about unless it the shiny one. Is it the part that advances the deck? Jackie B.

5. Firewater

Firewater Member

What are you talking about, the picture is side ways.Should be called Mec was in a bind. Mike

6. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

It look like the reloader needs some maintance to me.

7. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Yeah, and who painted part of it green?!! ;-)

Bob Falfa

8. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

Should have caught that alot sooner. Pretty easy to see but, it's pretty hard to kill a MEC.

9. ClaySmoke

ClaySmoke Member

You might look into replacing your carrier actuator cylinder. When that cylinder goes bad, it will jerk the slide bracket and lower cam bracket apart when releasing and rotating the carrier plate. This will cause the groove you see on your lower cam bracket if the problem is not attended to rather quickly. Garrett

10. k3uro

k3uro Member

Purchased at Alhman's $35 in a cardboard box in pieces. I got my money out of it. I am going to get it fixed one of these days.

But my bathroom sink needs repair also and there are birds to be shot, targets to be broken and workkkkkkkkkk.

Take care you'll

Jim

11. trw

trw Member

I would hope you change the title of your post as it is misleading. Better to say, "My MEC [insert model # here] is binding." What was your point anyway??

FWIW, I called them last week about a broken flat brass spring in an EZ Prime tray I have [250K rounds later, minimum] $1.40 for a new one & I had it in three days through USPS. Shipping & handling was $4, their minimum. You can't beat that for fair service. Times past, they sent me the part first & the invoice second. In today's world, that is not intelligent. I still rate them tops in customer service. BTW, they own themsleves. I dunno if its a union shop or not & honestly don't care, but I have found their product & service to be top notch.

12. k3uro

k3uro Member

Just an info post LOL. There is nothing negative, if anything it is a testament to the Mec machine.

There is no indication of a problem with Mec's customer service.

Isn't communication easy?

Take care

Jim

13. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.