1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mec hydraulic

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gyrine, Dec 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

I have a chance to pick up a MEC 9000 hydraulic unit at a good price. I did a search on the list but am still unclear on how the machine is activated, foot pedal? Is it an electric switch are do you press down to pump the fluid? There is a lot I don't know, It is really nice to have Trapshooters.com. Thanks, gyrine

2. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Hydraulic pump, electric motor driven, foot pedal, easy to use otherwise I would not have 2 of them.

3. 1moreround

1moreround TS Member

I just bought a new 9000HN, which is the Hydraulic version. I went from the manual 9000 to this one, and it is very easy to operate and loads many shells in short order...You won't be disappointed !

4. chipped1

chipped1 TS Member

9000H is a fine machine. If it doesn't have the high capacity primer holder then order one from MEC. The high capacity primer holder is a much better design then its predecessor.

Enjoy.

Chip

5. 682LINY

682LINY Member

<a href="http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p227/fry6969/?action=view&current=9000H006.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a> <a href="http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p227/fry6969/?action=view&current=9000H005.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a> <a href="http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p227/fry6969/?action=view&current=9000H004.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

6. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Since some trapshooters have very small brains and are easily confused, a hydraulic assisted loading machine could magnify some of the loading problems they commonly experience now. Causing them physical injury and or destruction of the world as they know it. HMB

7. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

682LINY, PM sent. Hap

8. 1dudley

1dudley Member

682LINY PM sent. Doug

9. Church Key

Church Key TS Member

I just got a used 9000H with the old style EZ Prime system. It is, as noted above, a weak link in the system. I've constantly fiddled with the adjustment and still have to watch the primer drop like a hawk. Gotten real good at plucking misplaced primers using a magnetic picker-upper and lifting shell at station 2, then dropping primer under it. This is the only problem I've had with the press. I loaded up a years worth of 7/8 oz Cowboy Action Shooting loads in an afternoon. The only thing that slowed me down was having to box the shells when I finished. Had dumped the loaded rounds in a five gal. bucket, but decided to box them.

Is the new primer system more accurate/precise than the old one? I figured that its main selling feature was a larger capacity which is no big deal to me.

10. capvan

capvan Active Member

I got a used MEC 9000 and the primer drop was a major problem. I finally, after a LOT of tweaking, got it to work reliably. So it can be done. One key was having the end of the tube very close to the shellplate. And that bracket CAN be bent, gently.

Bruce

11. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

I have run a Hydro-Mec for 25 years. It is the best ever. I love 'em

12. ismah

ismah Member

13. Harley Lekvold

Harley Lekvold TS Supporters TS Supporters

I've been using a Hydra-Mec for 23 plus years and love it. Just wish I had all the shot and powder I've put through it.

14. chipped1

chipped1 TS Member

Church Key:

The new primer (high capacity)is reliable, which I can't say for the old design. I don't take advantage of the higher capacity but I love the reliability of the primer drops. If you don't have one I strongly suggest you talk to friends that have one. They will surely change your mind.

Chip

15. docjonsn

docjonsn TS Member

how did you get pictures of my garage
    looks just like my setup
    even all the shot on the floor
    Pete

16. John 53

John 53 Member

I attached a STRONG magnet (From a junked DC motor) to the base of my 9000H, and it has eliminated flipping primers. For safety and prevention of powder being strewn everywhere, I still watch every primer drop.

My new style primer feed started to have a hic-up every now and then. I removed the small cover, and cleaned the slide and tray beneath, and it went back to flawless operation.

John

17. dhwbailey

dhwbailey Member

How does the hydraulic compare with the automate?

18. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

I was wondering the same thing. I just had shoulder surgery and either need a used hydraulic 9000 or an automate. So if anyone has a used one drop me a pm or email. thanks Birdtracker

19. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

I can only tell you what I seen at the Pa. state shoot 2 years ago. The MEC rep. was there displaying the Automate on a 9000G and had at least 4 glitch's in 20 minutes. For me I will stick with the hydraulic's. I have 2 9000h's 1 from 1992 and the other 1994 with 1 pump. No oil leaks yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.