1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MEC Hydraulic Foot Pedal

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Calkidd, Nov 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

I have been wanting to relocated the hydraulic pedal of my 9000H from the pump itself to on the floor. I noticed that spolar/PW have a foot pedal and I was wondering if anyone has done this with their 9000H.

Bryan

2. lostandout

lostandout Member

you would have to have a pump with an electric valve

brian

3. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

The valve on the MEC is a mechanically actuated valve physically located between the motor and the hydraulic pump. That does not lend itself to relocation. You could explore levers and pullys attached to the foot lever. Some sort of Rube Goldberg arraingement may be possible.

4. 682LINY

682LINY Member

i did a "RUBE GOLDBERG" better than most as a back ground of over 20 yrs off and on at NASSAU CUSTOM FABRICATIONS,, will find pic and post,,, basic idea,,, raise pump and pedal 6-10 inches of floor,,,drill 1/4 inch hole in center of short dogleg of pedal,,,bolt in a long 1 1/2 -2 inch long clevis,,,small chain from clevis pin to flor pedal,,i just found some spare clevis if u need,, I used a gate padlock assembly with another clivis
    682liny_2008_030326.jpg

5. Calkidd

682, do you have a picture of from the side? Does the pedal just hang there and "float" around on the floor? Thanks for pictures.

Bryan

6. 682LINY

682LINY Member

unit is disassembled in storage now ,, just moved,, pedle is set to floor with ancors,, reinforced with steel strap for clevis mount,,,i do have spare clevis,s ,,may have pic on other computer,,pedle is the hinge part of a padlock latch/shackle what ever they call it,,,clevis needed to get proper pull angle on factory pedle,

7. 682LINY

682LINY Member

8. 682LINY

682LINY Member

9. 682LINY

682LINY Member

10. Vertas

Vertas TS Member

I had obtained a long type power brake pedal from a junk yard, then welded it onto the MEC pedal, this gave me much more area of pedal to depress, and it works great while eated.

11. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Brian, hap mec tweaks on the threads, Gene Hapney, has fiddled with what you are looking for. Tried to sell it to MEC, I believe, but was put on "forget". Try him with a PM........breakemall

12. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Bryan, I sent you a PM & pics.

Hap

13. Calkidd

Thanks Hap, got them. I sent you a reply. Just need some clarification as to what I am looking at.

Bryan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.