1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MEC hydraulic cylinder repair

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by leftex, Jul 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leftex

leftex Active Member

I have an older mec Hustler that has started leaking oil at the top of the cylinder. There used to be a man on here named Lee that did MEC loader repair including rebuilding the hydraulic cylinder. I replied to an old thread and also sent an email acouple of weeks ago with no response to either.

Does anybody know if he still does repairs? I also read a post that had the MEC part numbers of the pieces required to rebuild a cylinder by a do it yourselfer. I can't find that post. Can anybody help? I will call MEC today.

Thanks,
    Wayne

2. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

You can order these parts from Mec and do it your self. It isn't hard to do.

QTY -- Part Number -- Description
    2 ----- 2020 ---- O-Ring
    1 ----- 8860 ---- Seal 1" Polypack (Piston)
    1 ----- 8858 ---- Seal 1/2 Polypak
    1 ----- 8765 ---- O-Ring
    This is the "package" of parts to rebuild the cylinders.

3. Paul in Mn

Paul in Mn Member

Call MEC. One of the tech guys will tell you what parts you need and exactly how to do it. If you forget, like I did, call them back when you receive the parts and they will take you through it step by step.

4. leftex

leftex Active Member

I called MEC Thursday and was told that the cylinder could not be rebuilt and I would need to purchase a new one.
    I will call again with the part numbers listed by Hoosier Daddy and see what they say.

Thanks,
    Wayne

5. Hivoltfl

Hivoltfl Member

I have one I would sell pretty cheap, has the threaded end caps and appears pretty new.

Rick

6. leftex

leftex Active Member

Hivolfl,

PM sent.

7. txskeet1958

txskeet1958 TS Member

I took mine apart and then went to my local auto parts and matched up the o-rings. It cost me about $2.50 and working just fine.

8. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

Not all cylinders can be rebuilt. Only the ones with screw on caps, at least that is what I have been told.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

mec hydraulic cylinder rebuild