1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

mec hydraulic cylinder rebuild

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Roger Brenner, Feb 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roger Brenner

Roger Brenner Member

A friend has a Mec hydraulic cylinder which is not going all the way to the top. I have searched threads and found a thread with similiar discussion. There was a parts list posted (posted by "flip") for seals and O-rings but we are not sure what supplier these part numbers were from?

Also, any help, tips, advice, suggestions from those of you who have rebuilt your cylinders would be appreciated. We have checked everything else and have eliminated other possible problems. Thanks, Roger

2. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Roger, I haven't priced a cylinder from MEC but based upon what gas support cylinders for automobile liftgate glass and such cost, it might be more practical to replace the cylinder.

Ed

3. Roger Brenner

Roger Brenner Member

Ed: He actually purchased a new hydraulic cylinder from Mec-we wanted to try to repair the old one for an education. I load on a hydraulic and thought this would be a good education for future reference. Thanks, Roger

4. setter

setter Member

I believe those are from MEC.

5. MX-15L

MX-15L TS Member

I took my reloader in for some repairs last year. I had some questions on why this was happening and that was happening? Rick in the repair area looked it over and asked what problems I was having? After listening to me, he just smiled,and stsrted to take it apart. He replaced the "star" indexing "iron", and the hydrolic cylinder, which now has a three (3) OR FIVE (5) year warrenty. I asked him about the resizing collet. His response was "we don't replace anything that is not nessary". The machine is in new condition, and I couldn't be happier, with the service that I received from MEC, and Rick.

Thank you MEC and Rick.

Sincerely,

Joe Zukowski

6. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Rick is absolutely tops.

7. FLIP

FLIP Member

Roger the part # are from mec. its about $18.00 for the seals and Orings,very easy to replace,take your time you will do fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

how do i rebuild mec reloader cylinder

mec hydraulic cylinder rebuild