1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mec Hyd. Loader HELP

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Model12Lady, Jun 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Model12Lady

Model12Lady Member

Have you checked the oil level?? If so and it has oil call MEC. Sounds like you need to replace the cylinder. They will probably have you send yours back and replace it with a new one or a rebuild (your choice). Extremely fast turnaround. They are very good to deal with.

2. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

It is the piston at the rear of the machine. Call mec and tell them your trouble and they will send you the parts, it is cheap and easy to install.

3. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

If it is the older cylinder without the bleed off hole on the bottom, when the o-rings go bad the bottom of the cylinder fills up with fluid. Mec has no parts or way to rebuild the older models.

If the cylinder has the screw on top and bottom and the bleed off hole on the bottom, it is the rebuildable type. Check to make sure the tube running from the bleed off hole has a good run back to the pump with no kinks or sharp bends in it. If you have a kink, the fluid would not run back to the pump fast enough and cause back pressure in the cylinder.

It sounds like it needs rebuilding no matter which one it is. Mec has parts for the later model.

birddog1964 rebuilds both models and he is on this site.

Ajax

4. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

There is a fella that advertises on this site that rebuilds the cylinders at a fair price. Sorry, I don't remember his name but I'm sure someone will. Mec at one time sold rebuild kits containing all the seals & "o" rings. I'll bet they still have the parts available if you ask.

Big JAck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.