1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MEC HYD. Cyl. Wanted

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by virg, Sep 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. virg

virg Member

0   0   0

Does anyone know where a person can buy an aftermarket Hyd cylinder for a MEC 9000? Got hold of MEC and they wanted $189.00 Seems pretty high. I have seen used loaders selling for not much more than this. Virg 608-475-0295

2. virg

virg Member

0   0   0

phone no. correction

3. birddog1964

birddog1964 TS Member

0   0   0

Virg,

Do you need just the cly or the conversion kit.

thanks
    lee

4. virg

virg Member

0   0   0

Just the cylinder. Virg

5. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

0   1   0

Try calling again and see if you can get someone else. If you get someone else I have found that they give a diff price some times. I have done that when I thought the price was way out of line. With Mec I had a problem with a person who had a THATS YOUR PROBLEM attitued. I called the pre's of the co and he took care of the problem within an hour and said that he was sorry that it happened. He said that he was sorry in a tone that I felt he meant it and not a tone that said I'm just saying it.

6. Auctioneer

0   1   0

You got me thinking after I made my post. If this works out you owe me a steak dinner.

Go to GAMALIEL and go to MEC LOADERS. Once there go to search and put in MEC PARTS LIST. Once there go to search and put in GAS SPRING. There will be 4 listings and the first one was the part I think you need #M8791. Get ready for this the price was $14.95 If this is the one you want ORDER IT NOW BEFORE THE PRICE GOES UP. Goodluck and let us know what happens.

7. birddog1964

birddog1964 TS Member

0   0   0

Virg,

I'm in the process of rebuilding the old black cly with no caps, I will offer this service to my customers.

thanks
    lee

8. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

0   0   0

Auctioneer, That gas spring is for indexing the shell plate, he needs the hydraulic cylinder for stroking the ram. Gamaliel used to sell MEC conversion kits for converting the grabber or 9000G to hydro. Linkage, brackets and cylinder for $125 but that was a dozen years ago. It was for people who had a hydraulic pump or existing hydro unit.

9. Auctioneer

0   1   0

I thought he had a 9000g and not a 9000h. I'm sure we all have used a diff name on something but meant the same thing. He had a ? where the G or H was suppose to be.

10. virg

virg Member

0   0   0

I need one for a 9000H, the main Cyl. not the indexing gas one. The ? behind the 9000 in my original post was that I was asking a question.. I have the larger chrome cyl. that has threaded end caps. Will call MEC again tomorrow. Thanks for the info Guys. Virg

11. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Check the yellow pages in your phone directory for a Hydralic cylinder rebuilder. There are a few around and they will work on one that small for a song. If it can be disassembled, it can be rebuilt.

Big Jack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.