1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MEC hi cap primer tray issue

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by RobPete, Dec 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RobPete

RobPete Member

Hi all,

I recently purchased a MEC high capacity primer tray for my 9000. Finally having a chance to install it, I went at it tonight. My issue is that the primers are getting snagged up at the top of the drop tube. I'd say every 5th-10th one. This is really frustrating to me, as I bought this to improve the reloader over the old primer tray.

Have any of you had any similar issues? Are there any tweaks that can be made?

Thanks
    Rob

2. dhip

dhip Active Member

Only time I had a problem with it was when I didn't seat it right.Had it partway in position but not completely seated in the tube.

Doug H.

3. RobPete

RobPete Member

Doug,

Is it necessary to put pressure on the tray when you're locking back in position?

Thanks again

4. Shady Creek

Shady Creek TS Member

Adjust,you just want the primer to drop in the hole, don't cram it...................GOOD LUCK

5. jfesi

jfesi Member

Rob,

I had the same issue. I took the cover off and there was a small molding lip at the entrance to the primer drop tube. I polished this lip out and the problem went away.

Joe

6. dsid01

dsid01 TS Member

I haven't had any issues with the tray, but I do spray a little WD-40 on it and then wipe it off. It makes the tray slick so that the primers slide down better. Seems to help them feed into the hole easier, you don't have to keep tapping it to make them go down.

7. Smithy47

Smithy47 Member

MEC told me to spray a little "Pledge" on the trap and primers will not longer stick. It seems to work. I would guess any type of spray way would work.

Bob

8. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

I took a Dremel tool with a polishing tool and polished around the mouth of the tray where the primers fall. Then sprayed Scott's Liquid Gold on the tray surface and buffed it dry... No problems in well over 50,000 cycles.... Dan Thome (Trap2)

9. superump

superump TS Member

never adjusted mine, never oiled mine and it works fine. Must just need a little tlc.

10. dhip

dhip Active Member

Just enough pressure to seat rubber part evenly onto tube.Not a great deal of pressure,more of tightening it properly once it's in place.I was a little light on tightening it and it dropped a smidge,just enough that it wasn't aligned properly.

Doug H.

11. RobPete

RobPete Member

Thanks for all of the responses. I'm going to try some of the above ideas this weekend. Hopefully my problem will be short lived...........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

any problems with mec high capacity primer feeds