1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MEC Help

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by C Prince, Apr 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C Prince

C Prince TS Member

I am having an issue with my MEC reloader. It is a Grabber. The head of the reloader is very difficult to pull and sometimes it gets stuck in the up position. Any ideas? I have checked it out and there is no shot stuck on the center post.

Chad

2. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

Have you used anti-sieze lube on the collet sizer?

3. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Clean the press and lube it as per the instruction book and it will probably work fine. The Collet can cause all sorts of issues when it isn't lubed properly, so pay particular attention to cleaning and lubing it. Even a little foreign material or shot can cause troubles. Look for any broken or worn parts and replace as needed. Also, check the lever for cracking. Difficult operation can put undue stress on the operating handle and eventually cause bending/breakage.

4. GrubbyJack

GrubbyJack Member

Amem on the shot, had one little #8 shot flatten in the collet..like to never found it...as said lube the collet (with the anti-seize)....also check where the collet ring/holder might rub the center post....Grubby

5. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

JonP hit the nail on the head.....could be shot in the collet, but my 9000 was doing it last year.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

mec reloader stuck in up position