1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MEC Grabbers; what are the differences?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bruce Em, Jun 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruce Em

Bruce Em Member

Hi,

I am looking at some used grabbers and see there are different model #'s out there; ie a 75 something and 85 something and others.

What are the differences and what should I look for and look out for?

thanks in advance!

2. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Your best bet is go to mecs web site mecreloaders.com. The 76 series is the predecessor to the 8567. most differences are in the material parts are made of and type of wad guide. then there are a few grabber/hustlers that are hydraulic. When you log onto Mec's web site go through the different models especially the instruction down loads. They list some of there older models.
    more or less the grabbers are a 650 with a sizer the grabbers are 9000's with out the auto indexing.

3. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

The earlier Grabber, 76 series, also stood lower to the work bench or platform. This was somewhat a problem when loading many shells at a sitting in that the spent primer tray would fill quickly and start to interfere with the dropping of the shell to be re-sized. The later one had a base that stood twice or more high off the bench. I have the older model and fixed this one dilemma by using extra long bolts and wing nuts for securing the loader to the bench then putting a metal tube spacer on each bolt between the bench and the base of the loader. It works just slick as having the newer model. You could do this with washers just like you would on an adjustable comb as well. Otherwise, I'm perfectly happy with the older model including the primer feed mechanism that seems to baffle some users....breakemall....Bob Dodd

4. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

The older Grabber wouldn't load 3" shells so they came out with the newer version which can adjust to 2 3/4 or 3" shells. I don't load any 3" shells but I had the same question, and that is the answer Mec gave me when I called them. IMHO In Mecs Humble Opinion!! Let us know if you are loading 3" shells on the FIRST Grabber. Omaha

5. RogerNRA

RogerNRA TS Member

Also the old grabber would only resize low brass hulls......Roger

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.