1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MEC Grabber Problem

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by sid fraser, Jun 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sid fraser

sid fraser TS Member

OK, I am only mildly mechanically minded, or less. I was loading today and for some reason the machine hung up and I applied pressure, something popped.

NOw the discharge tube that the used primer goes through lies much lower than level with the base of the loader. I see no broken parts and can't see any way to adjust the used primer guide upward. Any ideas and or suggestions.

Sid Fraser

2. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

If you are talking about the tube in the deprime station, there is a lever on the bottom that the tube rides on. Look were the deprime tray is and you will see it. It sounds to me as if the tube jumped off the this guide . Good luck PS. Didn't you get a book with the unit that shows all the parts and location, also a trouble shooting guide?

3. sid fraser

sid fraser TS Member

I did think of that and it is in the appropriate position. The wad guide bar that controls it has a nut on top, but when I move it it doesn't move the deprimer tube up.

Sid Fraser

4. sid fraser

sid fraser TS Member

OK, I removed the grabber from the bench. Unhooked everything and removed shot and powder bottles. Cleaned it, put it through dry runs. It appears that the tube that the shot tubes is inside of had slipped to far down and wouldn't let the primer remover finish at the right length. I moved it up and relubed things and it is working now, as we speak.

Thanks for responding.

Sid Fraser

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.