1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mec Grabber primer drop giving me fits.....

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by maclellan1911, May 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

if you have the chain dame close to tight, I think a new spring on the chain is in order. Or you are just missing some crud some where.

2. bucrub

bucrub TS Member

not knowing what primer you are using, I'd suggest that you check to see if there is a slight ridge on the edge of the primer itself. If not, then try a round file to roll the lip of the tube on the tray [there could be a burr holding the primer from falling into the tube. Is this the first time you have attempted to load with this loader? Don

3. frostyman

frostyman Well-Known Member

Change the angle of the primer tray. You can try more/less angle by pushing the back of the try up/down. You can also try rotating the tray slightly which will also change the angle that the primers hit the hole. Mine throws the same fits at time and it is normally some very small adjustment that makes it work fine.

4. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

Get the high capacity primer tray and stop fooling around with that damn chain.

Tim

5. chipped1

chipped1 TS Member

Ditto what X2 Fan said.

6. FLAKETM

FLAKETM TS Member

I went to the high capacity tray, which was installed by factory when machine was being serviced. But, I still have problems. The primer often hops out and rides atop the carosel or gets jammed under the carasel at station three. Just as much trouble, really, as the old tray.

7. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Stogie: Thanks for the fix. It was EXACTLY what you said it might be. Thanks to the rest of you for your ideas and fixes. Rick

8. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

As X2 and Chipped 1 recommended, try the high capacity tray. I put one on my grabber today and wish that I had done it years ago. As a bonus, it loads Cheddites with their wider box, easier.

Ed Ward

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

primer tray placement mec grabber