1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

MEC Grabber powder tube adjustmet

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by alaskanicelander, Apr 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alaskanicelander

alaskanicelander TS Member

Bought a MEC Grabber off of the internet and reloading 410 Winchester HS hulls. Wanted to know if the powder tube is adjustable up and down? I see an allen head screw similar to the one for the shot/wad tube (wad pressure adjustment). However I cannot get the tube to move up and didn't get a manual with it to see the breakdown of this part of the machine. I'm having powder getting plugged up in the end of the powder tube and when I clean it out I see parts of plastic come out with the powder, (is the tube cutting into the bottom of the HS hull? I've used 9000G's and never had this issue.
    Thanks
    Gary
  2. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

Yes that tube is adjustable. Loosen the allen head screw and spreat the clamp with a screwdriver, it should now silde up and down.

The manuals for that machine is available at MECReloaders.com free download.

Chuck
  3. yakimaman

yakimaman Active Member

Yes the tube moves up and down. Tip your charge bar back, take out the funnel shaped tube insert and tap the powder tube up and down to where you want it.
  4. alaskanicelander

alaskanicelander TS Member

Thank you both!!
  5. darr

darr Active Member

You have to leave enough pressure to seat the primer.
  6. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

For .410 especially,you have to have a very smooth inside & outside for the last few inches. The lip must be nicely radiused & smooth. Use a round or half round miniature tool & die maker file inside. Also some rolled up metal cutting sandpaper in progressively finer grits to finish. The outside is easy to see & do. This will smooth out the powder flow & keep it from grabbing & holding the powder. Smooth outside will keep it from grabbing the wad. You can start by spinning against a fine grider wheel or file in a drill press. Be gentle & go slow.
  7. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Active Member

I had a simular problem with a used loader in the 410. I had to file off the burr's on the inside of the tube and I also needed to smooth out the entire lenth of the metal powder tube, so I ran like (forgot exact number) but like 6-10 pipe cleaners all at one time to smooth out the whole inside. I did this on both metal tubes and it really helped out. No more of brigeing powder or shot. Best of Luck with your new/used loader. Break em all Jeff
  8. deadnout

deadnout Member

i had to adjust the powder tube on my 12 ga grabber. i read the manaul which wasnt quite clear. i called mec and got rick. he told me to set the tube to where there was 1/2 in of the tube sticking above the top bracket that it passes through. now i dont know if it is the same for the 410. download the manaul off of mec's sight. but i would call and ask-it takes all the questions out of the equation and you are talking to a human who can answer you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.