1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MEC Grabber not depriming shells

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jdomas, Jun 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdomas

jdomas Member

My MEC grabber recently started to fail to deprime a hull (pushes the spent primer 2/3 out). I replaced the deprime punch but it still occurs. i have also completely cleaned the loader. Any suggestions - other than a new loader?

John D.

2. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

I'm trying to remember mine. Take the depriming punch off of the loader. Find a fairly thick washer that will fit on the threaded end. Reinstall the punch with the washer on the underside of the mounting hole so the punch is now "longer" (goes further down). If that doesn't do it, see how many threads are left then see if a second washer could be added. You're close, just need to do a little tweaking.

Of all the MECs, the Grabber is probably the best value and the least troublesome. It's a true progressive(though manually indexed) AND it resizes too! I've owned a 250, a couple 600 Jrs, a 9000G and a Grabber that someone gave me. When the time came I gave the Grabber to one of my best friends. Put an adjustable charge bar on one and that thing will kick out some awesome reloads. Good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.