1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MEC Grabber Issues

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by lboh, Sep 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lboh

lboh Member

I know this is a long shot without seeing it but maybe someone can help.

My MEC 8567 Grabber is not allowing the charge bar to move to the right for release because the bar lock stays engaged.

The issue is when I begin to move the handle back up, the bar actuator slightly releases and the charge bar moves a bit to the right and there is too much pressure for the bar lock to lower.

I have tried and thought about all the adjustments I can and nothing more I can think of

Thanks in advance....

2. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

Take the little hair spring out of the system. This will allow the lock to stay in the dropped position. Just remember that it is out when you start to finish. Yes,I know supposed to be a safety feature but those sometimes get in the way.

3. lboh

lboh Member

Thanks. I think I have figured out the issue. The little bar that comes back up and pushed up the bar is not coming back up. It has plenty of room to do so as I can manually pull it back up to where it needs to be, but it is not moving very freely or the spring is not strong enough. It is a fairly new machines with maybe 4 flats through it. Oiled a bit but that didn't help.

4. tanda1

tanda1 Active Member

As RunGun said, disable it. You will never miss it.

5. noyzee_1

noyzee_1 Member

You'll need to loosen the clamp that secures the powder drop tube. Once loosened you should be able to adjust the height of the powder drop tube. You need to get atleast 3/16" clearance between the bottom of that clamp and the die mounting plate when the handle is bottomed out. Keep in mind, you'll need to have a hull in that "priming" position to set the gap. If you look online at the grabber manual from the MEC site, you'll have an illustration of where you get that gap from. It's kinda hard to put into words if you don't have the manual in front of you. This fixed every grabber and 9000 that had this issue that I came across from folks at the gc.
    This should take care of that issue.

6. rdf59

rdf59 Member

If you remove the the "hair spring" to allow the bar lock arm to remain low, I can virtually guarantee that you will drop powder and/or shot 1 out of every two times you start your reloading sessions.

I had that problem but I hove to go to my "bullet barn" to look at my reloader to see what I did. It's late here now and we have enough bears in the neighborhood that I don't feel like walking our without getting my 41 mag. I would wake up my wife getting it. Will try to remember tomorrow and get back to this thread if you have not found a good solution.

7. lboh

lboh Member

Issue solved. Somehow the bracket at the top where the top of the rod (spring) that pushes up the bar lock was slightly bent. Once I aligned it back up, it is moving freely and the mechanism is working perfect again.

Now the only adjustment I need to figure out is the primer drop tube (black)is too close to the tube that drops the powder and pinches the hull on occasion. not sure how all this got out of whack after only 3 flats through it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

mec 8567 charge bar not cycling

mec grabber 410 issues shot drops late