1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MEC Grabber 12ga reloader - control of shot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by marmasu, Apr 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marmasu

marmasu TS Member

Has anyone had an issue of using a MEC grabber with a charge bar for 1 ounce shot and it loading more than 1 ounce? If so is there a correction to this? On the charge side there are bushings but not on the shot side. Is it possible to "paint" the inside with nail polish or other lacquer to reduce the size of the shot port?

My loader is loading approx 1.09 oz versus 1 oz using this charge bar. It does it using either 8 or 9 shot.

2. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

MEC sells charge bars for skeet shooters that are suppose to be exact on weight of shot dropped.

http://www.mecreloaders.com/order/ChargeBarPartsList.asp#2

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

I use a piece cut from an envelope address label and stick it inside the hole for the shot. HMB

4. rick979

rick979 Active Member

When I wanted to be precise I did what you said in your opening thread. I painted the inside of the bar with fingernail polish and made sure it was real dry before using the bar. Rick

5. marmasu

marmasu TS Member

Thanks I understand volume and had not thought of the weight vs volume as a possibility in the discrepancy

6. GordonWood421

GordonWood421 TS Member

I'd bet that if you put 7 1/2s in the shot bottle , your dropped weight would be closer to 1 oz .

Charlie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.