1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MEC Funnel question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jim In FL, Mar 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim In FL

Jim In FL Member

I have a MEC 600 Jr with the add-on support bracket for the bottles. I just bought the EZ fill funnel and discovered it won't go on with that bracket. (yea I know - only an idiot wouldn't have noticed that beforehand).

Has anyone come up with an ingenious idea for a workaround ?

I was thinking perhaps a thumbscrew in the top of the bracket (in place of the bolt), where the top mounts, to make it easy to remove that support top, allowing use of the funnel.

Jim In FL

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Use the taller shot bottle and a powder baffle and all your problems will be solved. Nothing like spending $20 to make a $5 part work.

ss

3. guido

guido Member

The big end up.

Guido

4. E. Beaver

E. Beaver Member

Make a funnel out of a Coke or 7 up plastic bottle.

They "screw" into the hole in the bottom of the powder or shot bottles.

Works for me.

Charlie

5. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

Just get the taller bottles. You will need then any way.

6. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Jim, You don't really need the supports for the short bottles. If your shot bottle is a bit weak, trade bottles around. I like the short bottles and filling them after every l00 loads. I get better and more consisent drops in shot and powder this way. Also works better with the standard primer tray. Everyone has there quirks, or you can go to 2 tall bottles, or buy 2 new short bottles. I don't care much for the powder baffles. All good, that's what makes loading fun right. Break-em all. Jeff

7. Jim In FL

Jim In FL Member

Ordered another tall bottle (already had one).

Now why didn't I think of that ? I guess for the same reason I bought the funnel without thinking ahead :)

Thanks guys !

Jim In FL

8. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I agree with E. Beaver. I took a 20oz Coke bottle and cut about 1/3 off the top and then grinded the threads off and it fits nicely in the filler hole. Its cheap and easy to replace if you have to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.