1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mec Frustration!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 9point3, Feb 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 9point3

9point3 Well-Known Member

Why don't these things come ready to go? Can't the factory set them to drop primers where they need to be? Why does bar/hook that turns the shell plate fall off every 5th shell, Why does my shell plat rotate past where it needs to be?

Got to love 9000s

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

It would appear that your machine is possessed by demons. Seek devine guidance to correct the problem. HMB

3. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Usually a simple phone call to the MEC tech line will solve the problem right away... Just my experience... Dan Thome (Trap2)

4. Jack Frost

Jack Frost TS Member

MEC customer support is fantastic! Go to the website and email them about your problem. The tech's are super quick to respond.

J.F.

5. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Mine worked perfectly right out of the box and loads a variety of shells with no adjustments required. Did you make some adjustments without reading your manual?

6. LDAdd

LDAdd TS Member

As a matter of fact I just called MEC this morning and got the good advice, had it fixed in about 30 minutes. Don't fight it, call MEC and if you still have problems get one of your very mechanically inclined buddies to look at it.

Cheers

Larry

7. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Most of these problems can be solved by simply taking the time to understand the operators manual and the corrosponding adjustments.

Jim

8. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Money is kind of tight for me right now. I had to sell my Grabber to pay school bills. If anyone has a grabber or 9000 that is just too frustrating, and just gathering dust, I'll be glad to have it and put it to good use. Thanks in advance

9. EE

EE Banned User Banned

RTFM.

Actually using a MEC is kind of like training a dog. You have to be smarter than the dog. Sadly, this is not always the case.

EE

10. Landshark

Landshark Member

I have 2 new 9000s. One is the 9000G (20 ga) and the other is the newer 9000GN (12 ga). The older 20 ga took about 10-15 minutes of tweaking and has been 100%. The 12 came out of the box making perfect reloads.

I love the new primer feed and plan to upgrade my 20 ga 9000.

11. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Let's face it ... some people should not be reloading!

12. 9point3

Ahab,

Guys that make comments like you did are what this sport great!! Be welcoming and helpful

13. moore5833

moore5833 TS Member

do i detect sarcasm? i have owned 6 of these and only one took a little tweaking.

14. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

I have used a 9000G for 10+? years and am generally pretty happy with it with ONE exception, the primer drop is a joke, no matter how much tweaking fiddling and swearing, I STILL have to watch to make sure the primer 1)dropped, 2) dropped with the right side up, 3)didn't get caught in the hinge of the tube, 4) primer fell so late that it went rattling to the floor...this is with the "updated" primer tray....

15. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

9point3 ... just stating a fact of life!

Was not meant as a putdown!

Not everyone has the ability to be a brain surgeon, or to write computer programs.
    Likewise, interacting with mechanical things is sometimes beyond some people.

16. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

9point3,,just ignore the asinine comments of EE. When someone lacks the intelligence to give constructive advise, his comment is what you get.

Most of the others have it right. Take the time to read the manual, more than once. Many function adjustments affect other functions. Get proficient at reloading with just one shell on the plate at a time, step by step. You will be able to focus on each specific step. Read about the steps in the manual as you go. If there is a problem that is not described in the manual, call MEC. They have seen and heard it all.

I have three 9000's and two Auto-Mates. I haven't found a reason to reload with anything but. Smooth, quiet, portable and reliable.

17. melbournemike

melbournemike TS Member

The primer feed is not fool proof or idiot resistant for that matter ! It needs to be watched when in operation, I keep a skoal can with primers handy when reloading and when a primer doesnt drop I manually insert one ,usually the primer feed clears itself on the upstroke and the next one falls properly, It does need tweaking when used for the first time.

18. 9point3

Ahab,

I guess since I am not an AAA shooter or on the 27 I should just sell my guns and take up knitting

I just gotta face it,some folks just shoudn't be shooting trap

19. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

I brought my 9000H home and mounted it. I started loading right away but I did bend the primer tray up a little so the primers would feed down better. I have since loaded tens of thousands of shells of all kinds with very few hiccups.

20. Bridger

Bridger Member

I have had several MECs and most of them have been great. I had one 9000 several years ago that must have been possessed because you couldn't load 50 shells on it without something going wrong. Even a trip back to the factory didn't help for long. Got rid of that one and the others have been fine. I have a 28 gauge Grabber that I hardly use with a new primer feed that worked perfectly right out of the box. A new 9000G I bought last summer needed a little help with the primer feed but has been flawless since I got it adjusted correctly. MEC is very supportive when help is needed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.